By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October NPD: Switch 736k, XBO 68K, PS4 39K

Metallox said:
Pikmin 3 flopped hard. Sad.

Hardly.Considering the competition it had in October, the fact that NPD tracked only 2 days of sales(for Pikmin), and that Nintendo dosen't share digital sales, it should have done well enough.

It's not breaking any records in the US, but it most likely is doing well enough. In either case, it seems that the game is doing especially well in Japan, so it's not like not doing super well on one region will doom it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

So freaking weird seeing Xbox One so far ahead of PS4.I get that it's mostly down to stock, but still.

Also, dunno what people were expecting from Pikmin 3, it's a 7 year old port from a series that was never huge to begin with.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 November 2020

Honestly if the PS4 is slowing down this fast then I may need to lower my lifetime sales expectation, especially since there doesn't seem to be Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on hardware. I thought it would reach 125 mil, but now I may need to lower that to 120 mil. So yes that means I think they'll only ship 7 mil more consoles before calling it quits.

Sogreblute said:
Honestly if the PS4 is slowing down this fast then I may need to lower my lifetime sales expectation, especially since there doesn't seem to be Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on hardware. I thought it would reach 125 mil, but now I may need to lower that to 120 mil. So yes that means I think they'll only ship 7 mil more consoles before calling it quits.

Yeah it will be interesting to see where PS4 settles; for years now I had its final tally pegged at between 130 and 140 million, but perhaps I overestimated it.

Yikes at those XBO and PS4 sales. Thats what next gen does to ya.

Around the Network

Damn, low PS4. XBO has been here for a few months, now. And looks like there are no BF deals for them, either. Not sure if XBO will crawl past 50M. PS4 should still do 120M. Wonder if Sony has any plans for a price cut next year. Personally, I'd drop it to $199 and just keep it stocked for one more year. But, they may just be totally focusing on PS5 and just putting out PS4s from their automated factory, making the huge profit off of that HW at $299.

wow this is a massacre. Switch 19x ps4 sales....

PS4 sales are too low everywhere. I think Sony is trying to produce more PS5's until everyone that's whining on social media has gotten one before producing more PS4's.