By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls Remake Review Thread - Metacritic started at 92

What Score do you think DS will get?

96-100 0 0%

91-95 25 44.64%

86-90 23 41.07%

81-85 6 10.71%

76-80 1 1.79%

71-75 0 0%

66-70 0 0%

61-65 0 0%

56-60 0 0%

51-55 1 1.79%

Total:56

If you guys want a Fair challenge take on Jo Amon on Legendary Difficult on Yakuza 5.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Chrkeller said:
BraLoD said:
Lol, DS2 is easier than DsS? Having not played Sekiro yet, mine would be.Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls >>>>> Dark Souls 2.

The bosses in demon are far less aggressive and far easier to cheese compared to any of the dark souls games.  Demon is the easiest by far.  Outside Maneater and (fake) allant, I'm not sure any boss killed me, including flame lurker.  Flame lurker is easy due to the pillars.  Certainly there is no boss in demon that matches likes of S&O, Nameless King or fume knight.  Souls 2 also has far more mob situations, which makes solo runs hard.  There is a reason lists of the hardest souls bosses are covered with dark, but demon is rarely ever mentioned.  

I've played and beaten all the DLC across the whole SoulsBorne series.  In all cases the DLC is large step up in difficulty compared to the vanilla game.  In many cases playing the DLC makes the normal game feel so much easier.  From doesn't mess around with DLC.      

I'm also rather stunned you have Gwyn as a hard boss.  He is arguably the easiest boss in souls 1.  Hornet ring + buckler.  Two parries and he is dead.  Gwyn can be parried immediately once the battle starts, given he does that jump sword swipe.    

Demon also features multiple healing items, which the player can easily find (and carry) 99 of each.  So there is next to no limitation in being able to heal.  Which isn't the case in Souls 1 and 3.    

Edit

I should add my difficulty rank is based on solo runs, not summoning.  Summoning makes all the games far easier.  Especially souls 2, given many bosses are not 1 on 1 fights. 

Either way I can NG +5 the entire franchise solo.  I stand by my list.   

Yes, I always solo the game too.

Gwyn was the only thing that game me trouble, becauae it hardly gives room to heal. But I could kill it without evading with a very defensive build I won't remember with a spell and dual wealding sword.

What is so hard about Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2 base games? Fake King allant is harder than anything on those games. Old King Doran is still the most difficult mob to beat by a ridiculous long shot too. Red Eyed Knight in the first level before Phallanx gives you a good warning about not messing up there.

The hardest thing about DS2 is Darklurker to me, which I died to countless times, but it's optional as Old King Doran. DS2 is also backstab heaven. The Skeletons on Demon's Souls are harder than most bosses on DS2.

DS1 hardest thing is those dammed archers hitting on down when trying to get to the cathedral, S&O is overhyped as fuck, I didn't die for it once until NG+3. Man Eater is several times harder than it.

For me the difficultly for Souls 2 is more the unfair/cheap difficulty.  I think Demon has more fair balanced difficulty.  Souls 2 is hard with mobs.  Sentinels, Watcher/Defender, Gank Squad.  Fume Knight is a monster, so is the one Dragon (forgetting his name).  The two large cats are not easy as well, and horse**** valley was crazy hard.  I think the difference is you haven't played the DLC.  The DLC in Souls 2 is very challenging.  The main game isn't too bad, except for a few bosses.  Same is true with Dark Souls 1.  Manus, Artorias, Kalmeet...  that DLC man.  I think 4 kings is harder than anything in Demon.  As for Old King Doran, I beat him on my first try.  Maneater was the only boss that I struggled with, which was mostly driven by falling off the edge by cheap/unfair difficulty.      

Souls 2 versus Demon aside.  I am shocked you have Demon harder than Souls 3.  Nameless King, not too mention DLC.  Dancer, Pontiff and so many others.

Either way, I find the levels comparable between Demon and Dark.  But I'm still staunchly in the camp the bosses in Demon are easy to cheese, very easy.  There isn't the same level of aggression.  Flame Lurker is one of the most aggressive bosses in Demon, and is average aggression in Souls 3.    

Edit:

Depending on who Looking Glass summons, that fight can be hard as well.

As mentioned earlier, folks here can google "hardest" souls bosses.  Next to none of the list have anything listed from Demon, it is overwhelmingly Dark...  this is the case for a reason.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 15 November 2020

difficulty is very relative in soulborne games.

IMHO, If your play style is very "Dodge Centric" , then Bloodborne is the easiest and sekito is a bit harder.
If your play style is very "Parry Centric" and you got good timing, Sekiro is the easiest game.
If your play style is very "spell centric", Demon's souls is a joke and Dark souls 3 becomes a bit harder...
If your play style is very "shield centric", Dark souls 1/2 are very easy and Bloodborne becomes harder.

BraLoD said:
Demon's Souls is by far the best Souls game out there.Anyone that says otherwise is objectively wrong.Source: me

Agree partially. I put it in the same league ad Dark Souls 1. Although DeS was more original when first releaded.

Definetly things went a bit downhill after that.

looks like 90+ is a lock.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
BTW it went back to 93 with 15 reviews.

Great. Looks like Bluepoint done a great job with the game. Assuming this stays in the low 90's, this would be highest rated game by them.

It's at 92 with 26 reviews now.

Eric2048 said:

From the trend and number of reviews I think it is safe to say it will stay above 90 when all is said and done.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don't begrudge this game it's higher score. Instead I think it was rated a bit too low the first time on the PS3. People didn't fully understand it then, and the Souls games were considered weird at first. But in 2020 we are living in the world where lots of games are influenced by these Souls games.

Eric2048 said:

I know! deserves every point and more! what a great remake! I am kinda surprised, but pleasantly so

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android