By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls Remake Review Thread - Metacritic started at 92

What Score do you think DS will get?

96-100 0 0%

91-95 25 44.64%

86-90 23 41.07%

81-85 6 10.71%

76-80 1 1.79%

71-75 0 0%

66-70 0 0%

61-65 0 0%

56-60 0 0%

51-55 1 1.79%

Total:56

91-95 for me

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
BraLoD said:
eva01beserk said:
BraLoD said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:
Demon's Souls is by far the best Souls game out there.Anyone that says otherwise is objectively wrong.Source: me

As good a source as most used in VGC =p

Same source that claims Legend of Dragoon is the best game ever, Might be a trustworthy source. 

Agreed.

It's impressive how that source is right about games quality 100% of the time.

Its either genius or insanity. Thin line between them. 

But the same source just compared demons souls to original diablo, makes me want to try this game now, then ill know if he is crazy or not. 

Which one you didn't try yet? Demon's Souls or Diablo?

I never played demons souls. Only bloodborne and sekiro. I sucked at both and dont think I got even half way done before quiting.

Diablo 1 and 2 I played religiously for years even after the fade was gone.

Having played all the modern SoulsBorne games, you may want to try out Demon.  It is by far and away the easiest out of them all, it isn't even close.  Sekiro is the hardest followed by Bloodborne.  

Overall I would rank difficult as:

Sekiro>>>Blood>Souls 3>Souls 2>>Souls 1>>>Demon

BraLoD said:
mjk45 said:
DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:
Demon's Souls is by far the best Souls game out there.Anyone that says otherwise is objectively wrong.Source: me

As good a source as most used in VGC =p

Don't encourage him, we cop enough as it is.

I guess you forgot my glory days around here.

The whole front page would be threads ending up talking about LoD

I would like to forget them since your glory days  equate to spamming LoD.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

BraLoD said:
Lol, DS2 is easier than DsS? Having not played Sekiro yet, mine would be.Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls >>>>> Dark Souls 2.

In terms of difficulty? 

Sekiro >>> Bloodborne >> Dark Souls III > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2

For quality, just flip Sekiro and Bloodborne. Dark Souls 2 is really the only game I don't like, and I found it too easy even though what difficulty it had felt cheap as opposed to fair and challenging. Demon's Souls is still up for debate, I will reconvene after beating it on PS5 (Seriously, what a great year for PS games. Ghost of Tsushima, FFVII Remake, Demon's Souls Remastered, and The Last of Us 2? hells yes. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Sekiro for me is the easiest. Bloodborne is the best and DS3 the worst.

Around the Network
WizardHsc said:

We can never be friends. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
WizardHsc said:

We can never be friends. 

kkkk.

WizardHsc said:
Runa216 said:
WizardHsc said:

We can never be friends. 

kkkk.

That's a few too many Ks for my liking, bro :P

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:
BraLoD said:
Lol, DS2 is easier than DsS? Having not played Sekiro yet, mine would be.Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls >>>>> Dark Souls 2.

In terms of difficulty? 

Sekiro >>> Bloodborne >> Dark Souls III > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2

For quality, just flip Sekiro and Bloodborne. Dark Souls 2 is really the only game I don't like, and I found it too easy even though what difficulty it had felt cheap as opposed to fair and challenging. Demon's Souls is still up for debate, I will reconvene after beating it on PS5 (Seriously, what a great year for PS games. Ghost of Tsushima, FFVII Remake, Demon's Souls Remastered, and The Last of Us 2? hells yes. 

The only thing hard on Dark Souls is the last boss.

Though I didn't played the DLC and heard its hard, I've not played DLC for any of them, so I'm considering the base games.

I like Dark Souls 2 quite a lot, but it was definitely the easier out of them.

In terms of quality?

Demon's Souls >>> Bloodborne >>Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls >> Dark Souls 2.

I honestly preffer to play Dark Souls 2 over 1, but in terms of pure quality the original is better because of the level design. Dark Souls 2 has a lot of cool stuff, really.

I could argue for days on the quality of Dark Souls II, but I'll leave it at this: I hate that damn game. On my pantheon of most hated games, it's at 2nd worst of all time next only to Final Fantasy XIII. It felt like the team that made it heard what people liked about Dark Souls but didn't understand why people liked it. They knew people liked difficulty and obtuse gameplay elements, but didn't understand what made those elements rewarding and thus missed the point on almost every level. 

I didn't like any of the bosses or levels. In terms of Dark Souls, like 3/4 of the stages in Dark Souls 2 were in my lowest tier for quality. Same with the bosses. They had some good ideas, but piss-poor execution. 

I'm sure there's a place for that discussion, though. Not sure if this thread is that place. 

As for Demon's Souls, I'm having some frustration with some of the bosses. FlameLurker is supposedly the hardest boss in the game and I found him weirdly easy. Like, his patterns were incredibly predictable and his moves were stunningly easy to avoid...except when they weren't. I found him easy to fight but he kept killing me because it seemed every time I was doing well I'd end up getting hit by an attack I know I dodged (Flame after effects are killer) or I'd end up inexplicably dodge-rolling into his crotch instead of behind him, Bloodborne style. I don't think it was a bad fight, but there were elements that frustrated me. The fight on its own was fun, but holy hell the walk to the boss room was such a nightmare. That's what really got me. If there was a shortcut and I could just repeat or didn't take forever meticulously jumping down rickety rafters, it wouldn't have been so frustrating. 

I'm hearing a lot of Demon's Souls levels are like that, which might be the one thing I actively dislike about the game. the healing system isn't ideal either, but it has its pros and cons and thus I won't complain too thoroughly. It's just a different mechanic I need to get used to. 

Then after fighting Flamelurker, I fought the Dragon God and...I think I prefer Bed of Chaos. Yeah, I said it. The world-renowned worst boss in all of SoulsBorne I think I'd prefer over The Dragon God. I get the idea of using stealth in the game but holy hell I swear it didn't work at all. The idea is to hide behind the pillars and pick your openings to attack rubble to clear a path to activate harpoon launchers that take him down so you can hit his weak spot for massive damage. In theory this is a unique and interesting boss. In practice...I don't know what I was doing wrong but he seemed to ALWAYS hit me no matter what I did. Any time I tried to make progress, whether he was looking at or away from me, whether he was distracted and recovering or not, he always hit me twice in a row to instakill me. 

I likely died 50+ times just trying to get through the second batch of rubble due to how swift he seemed in attacking me the moment I stepped out. I literally had to dodge-roll his attacks just to get through the rubble. the second half of the fight on the lower level wasn't as bad, as he was better at telegraphing his attacks, but that first bit I just couldn't time right. 0/10 would rather never fight again. 

Luckily I got both trophies associated with that boss. One for killing him, and one for killing him with a specific weapon. (I also got the 'kill the tower knight without killing any archers' trophy. That felt good). IT's also worth noting that maybe I was doing something wrong, but I found Phalanx to be really difficult. Took me forever and the hordes of hoplites could 2-shot me. I guess if you go super slow and just run around in circles and hide behind pillars it wasn't too bad, but man I Felt like I was doing something wrong. Was far more challenging than I was expecting. 

Still love the game, but tonight's gauntlet of 25+ tries on FlameLurker and 50+ deaths on Dragon God...I'm ready to call it a night. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BraLoD said:

The bosses in demon are far less aggressive and far easier to cheese compared to any of the dark souls games.  Demon is the easiest by far.  Outside Maneater and (fake) allant, I'm not sure any boss killed me, including flame lurker.  Flame lurker is easy due to the pillars.  Certainly there is no boss in demon that matches likes of S&O, Nameless King or fume knight.  Souls 2 also has far more mob situations, which makes solo runs hard.  There is a reason lists of the hardest souls bosses are covered with dark, but demon is rarely ever mentioned.  

I've played and beaten all the DLC across the whole SoulsBorne series.  In all cases the DLC is large step up in difficulty compared to the vanilla game.  In many cases playing the DLC makes the normal game feel so much easier.  From doesn't mess around with DLC.      

I'm also rather stunned you have Gwyn as a hard boss.  He is arguably the easiest boss in souls 1.  Hornet ring + buckler.  Two parries and he is dead.  Gwyn can be parried immediately once the battle starts, given he does that jump sword swipe.    

Demon also features multiple healing items, which the player can easily find (and carry) 99 of each.  So there is next to no limitation in being able to heal.  Which isn't the case in Souls 1 and 3.    

Edit

I should add my difficulty rank is based on solo runs, not summoning.  Summoning makes all the games far easier.  Especially souls 2, given many bosses are not 1 on 1 fights. 

Either way I can NG +5 the entire franchise solo.  I stand by my list.   

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 15 November 2020