By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls Remake Review Thread - Metacritic started at 92

What Score do you think DS will get?

96-100 0 0%

91-95 25 44.64%

86-90 23 41.07%

81-85 6 10.71%

76-80 1 1.79%

71-75 0 0%

66-70 0 0%

61-65 0 0%

56-60 0 0%

51-55 1 1.79%

Total:56

Last 2 wasn't close to be GotY for me personally. I thought it was solid. Ghost, Origami were both better. I also suspect I will enjoy Demon and 13 Sentinels more. I plan on grabbing 13 Sentinels after Thanksgiving.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
Manlytears said:
i feeling it. This game will be the first PS5 90+ game, perhaps even Goty 2020.

GOTY for gen9 or on the genre I can certainly see, but I don't think it will pass TLOU2 for general.

We can all agree here that TLOU2 is not going anywhere. I'm sure ghost of sushima will be more praised. 

I like GoT more and the name is closer to GOTY, but critically wise it will be hard to snag the title from TLOU2.

Score alone is not enough tho. That game is wraped in to much controversies.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
Manlytears said:

GOTY for gen9 or on the genre I can certainly see, but I don't think it will pass TLOU2 for general.

We can all agree here that TLOU2 is not going anywhere. I'm sure ghost of sushima will be more praised. 

I like GoT more and the name is closer to GOTY, but critically wise it will be hard to snag the title from TLOU2.

If we go by holywood, there movies that were involved in controversies won easier even they were much worse and score worse than other contenders.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I am glad that it is getting great reviews. Demon souls was my first souls game and the one I played the most. I beat the game more than 15 times including two platinum trophies.

BraLoD said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:
Demon's Souls is by far the best Souls game out there.Anyone that says otherwise is objectively wrong.Source: me

As good a source as most used in VGC =p

Same source that claims Legend of Dragoon is the best game ever, Might be a trustworthy source. 

Agreed.

It's impressive how that source is right about games quality 100% of the time.

Its either genius or insanity. Thin line between them. 

But the same source just compared demons souls to original diablo, makes me want to try this game now, then ill know if he is crazy or not. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
Manlytears said:

If we go by holywood, there movies that were involved in controversies won easier even they were much worse and score worse than other contenders.

Comon in holywood there are movies that win all kinds of awards that nobody even knew existed. Rebember the awards cutis won? Game awards tend to be done by gamers/devs and others in the industries that most of the time, not always hit the spot. Movie critics are self proclaimed experts who try to sound enlighten by giving awards to movies that nobody is ever gona see cuz they had no idea such movie existed and is in some country you cant even spell. 

BraLoD said:
eva01beserk said:
BraLoD said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:
Demon's Souls is by far the best Souls game out there.Anyone that says otherwise is objectively wrong.Source: me

Same source that claims Legend of Dragoon is the best game ever, Might be a trustworthy source. 

Agreed.

It's impressive how that source is right about games quality 100% of the time.

Its either genius or insanity. Thin line between them. 

But the same source just compared demons souls to original diablo, makes me want to try this game now, then ill know if he is crazy or not. 

Which one you didn't try yet? Demon's Souls or Diablo?

I never played demons souls. Only bloodborne and sekiro. I sucked at both and dont think I got even half way done before quiting.

Diablo 1 and 2 I played religiously for years even after the fade was gone.

Metacritic has it at 92 now with 6 reviews. WAY early to call it, but that's good to hear. Personally, I'm falling in love all over again.

The gameplay loop is so rewarding, the worlds are so crisp and pristine. Like I said, while the devs deliberately kept it feeling like the original, it feels so slick! I'm shocked at how good it feels, how good the animations are, how pristine the graphics are, and how amazing everything is overall. Seriously, bluepoint is on point.

This is a near-perfect remake and pretty much exactly what I want. Oh, and now that dying has like NO penalty in terms of time wasted since reloading takes like 2 seconds (instead of the 30-45 in Bloodborne), the game is all reward, no punishment. sure, you still lose your souls and the enemies respawn, but with fewer obstacles in the way, it corrected the one thing that was less than ideal with the game prior. As it stands, absolutely worth the wait and the money. IT'll be a while before I add it to my official top 50 list but given the fact that Dark souls, Dark souls 3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro are all on that list (And I consider this game's original version just 1/10th of a point lower than the original Dark Souls...well, yeah. I approve. and then I get to play Spider-Man Remastered and Spider-Man Miles morales. anyone who says this is a weak launch lineup isn't paying attention or is grossly biased.

This is the most fun I've had at a console launch ever...aside from MAYBE Breath of the Wild. Breath of the Wild on its own is better, but PS5 has more variety and quantity. Oh, and having it as the Living Room centerpiece is so wonderful. PS4 g ames, Ps5 games, Indies, etc. Oh, and the clear distinction between media and games. LOVE it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

Don't encourage him, we cop enough as it is.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
Manlytears said:

Comon in holywood there are movies that win all kinds of awards that nobody even knew existed. Rebember the awards cutis won? Game awards tend to be done by gamers/devs and others in the industries that most of the time, not always hit the spot. Movie critics are self proclaimed experts who try to sound enlighten by giving awards to movies that nobody is ever gona see cuz they had no idea such movie existed and is in some country you cant even spell. 

I bet most of them are recognized within industry. But my point was Just that being controversial doesn't even Prevent It winning a prize. And in a progressive world It is more probable that It gain even more votes due to It.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."