By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Souls Remake Review Thread - Metacritic started at 92

What Score do you think DS will get?

96-100 0 0%

91-95 25 44.64%

86-90 23 41.07%

81-85 6 10.71%

76-80 1 1.79%

71-75 0 0%

66-70 0 0%

61-65 0 0%

56-60 0 0%

51-55 1 1.79%

Total:56
smroadkill15 said:
DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:
I'm sure the scores will be great, but why is Demon Souls so late when it comes to review scores? I thought we were going to start seeing them at least the day before launch or morning of.

I have no idea. But found on the internet that the review copies arrived on the release day for some reason, so even without embargo it would take couple days to see reviews. At least since you can see the original reviews and some trailers/preview of the new version you could be informed enough to decide if is worth buying.

That makes sense. Probably by Sunday and Monday review scores will begin to pop up. 

But sure Sony or Bluepoint made a fumble on this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:
DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:
I'm sure the scores will be great, but why is Demon Souls so late when it comes to review scores? I thought we were going to start seeing them at least the day before launch or morning of.

I have no idea. But found on the internet that the review copies arrived on the release day for some reason, so even without embargo it would take couple days to see reviews. At least since you can see the original reviews and some trailers/preview of the new version you could be informed enough to decide if is worth buying.

That makes sense. Probably by Sunday and Monday review scores will begin to pop up. 

But sure Sony or Bluepoint made a fumble on this.

Ya it's weird considering this is their headlining title for the ps5.

86-88, but some critics maybe rest some ponits because is a remake (Silly reason but...)This game and Kona are the most interesting games for me in PS 5

tag

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

91, cause this game will have the +90 review it deserved on this remake.

Around the Network

above 90.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Just played as far as the phalanx boss and loved every second of it. Despite it being old and even the devs admitting to making it remain clunky (they wanted to preserve as much of the feel of the game as possible), it actually feels sleek as hell. I thought that might be because it's 60 FPS, but nope! Scholar of the first sin was also 60 FPS and that game felt bad.

So far I think it balances the feeling of familiarity with being new and exciting all over again. I voted 86-90 because most remakes go down a notch or two (so my official prediction is 87), but hot damn this is a good game. I could see it doing 90+, just like Bloodborne.

I still think Dark Souls 1 and 3 are better games, but I won't hold that against it. This is still an absolute winner. Now if only I could get the remote play functionality to work.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Just played as far as the phalanx boss and loved every second of it. Despite it being old and even the devs admitting to making it remain clunky (they wanted to preserve as much of the feel of the game as possible), it actually feels sleek as hell. I thought that might be because it's 60 FPS, but nope! Scholar of the first sin was also 60 FPS and that game felt bad.

So far I think it balances the feeling of familiarity with being new and exciting all over again. I voted 86-90 because most remakes go down a notch or two (so my official prediction is 87), but hot damn this is a good game. I could see it doing 90+, just like Bloodborne.

I still think Dark Souls 1 and 3 are better games, but I won't hold that against it. This is still an absolute winner. Now if only I could get the remote play functionality to work.

Don't take it seriously, but on youtube review of this game a lot of xbox fans were saying "everybody knows Dark Souls is much better than Demon's Souls".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

87. Deduction because reviewers often do for a remake and there is no "game journalist" difficulty.

First review is in. 93 by Game Informer.