By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

49) A very famous video game character has a birthday.

Bugs Bunny’s Birthday Blowout.

I sure hope nobody has that game on their Top 50 list.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
#49 Hint: Once again the main character has to deal with an evil giant bird... and a spider, and a wolf, and a toad... but at least this time he's got the tools to fight back.

Ori and the will of the wisps

Correct!

Signature goes here!

Runa216 said:
So is this just hints or something? I was under the impression we were going to be sharing and giving mini-reviews.

It's up the every participant, I personally like doing the mini-reviews, some just answer hints.

Signature goes here!

Mnementh said:

Last hint for #49:

Sally looks for Emily.
A nightmare.
Play at the Bachman school, an arcade and a mine.
There is no working Tequila as far as I know in the game, but Soda cans that can be used to distract monsters.
The arcade level has a machine with the developers previous game Rime.
Give your last ticket.

#48: Ring Fit Adventure as guessed by Supermario28.

#47: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess as guessed by Jpcc86.

#46: Don't Starve as guessed by Supermario28.

49.  GYLT.  Had to use Google to figure it out though.  Never heard of it.

More hints:

50) a. This GBA game is based on a classic Japanese cartoon character.
b. The main character is a robot.

49) a. A very famous video game character has a birthday.
b. This is essentially a remix of a classic game.

48) Guessed by Jpcc86
47) Guessed by UnderwaterFunktown

46) This fantasy themed game is highly inspired by modern military themed game.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

Last hint for #49:

Sally looks for Emily.
A nightmare.
There is no working Tequila as far as I know in the game, but Soda cans that can be used to distract monsters.
Give your last ticket.

Yes, correct. And I had to actually spell it out, until someone got it. Well, and if it isn't that well known, I can use this opportunity to make it little bit more known. It is a nice little game, I hope the exclusivity ends, so that Tequila Works can port it over to other platforms. It deserves to see more gamers.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Dropped from my list this year...

Animal Crossing New Leaf

I used to love Animal Crossing, but New Horizons just has too many AGLs in it, and New Leaf is old. Animal Crossing really needs a gameplay overhaul. Things shouldn't take a brutally long time to do in game.

Poke'mon X/Y

Beaten out by another Poke'mon game this year. Simple as that.

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

This is an amazing game, but other, better Hack n' Slash games have come along since. Also, my list has gotten pretty crowded. So it had to go.

Darashiva said:

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Change YOY: -6

To this day this is the only Dragon Quest game I've ever played. None of the previous games had been released in Europe up to that point, and the later titles until Dragon Quest XI, which I just haven't gotten around to yet, came out on systems I didn't have.

Regardless, I immediately fell in love with Journey of the Cursed King the moment I started playing it. I loved the visual style and overall look of the world, the music was excellent from the start, and then as I continued playing the characters and story also grew on me. I really need to find some time to go back and replay the game, since it's now been at least 12 years since I finished it the first and so far only time. Here's one of my favourite pieces of music from the game's soundtrack, composed by Koichi Sugiyama.

Please add DQ11S to the top of your backlog. It improves on DQ8 in just about every way imaginable, and the story is a roller coaster full of insanely good plotpoints.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 13 November 2020

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

Last hint for #49:

Sally looks for Emily.
A nightmare.
Give your last ticket.

Yes, correct. And I had to actually spell it out, until someone got it. Well, and if it isn't that well known, I can use this opportunity to make it little bit more known. It is a nice little game, I hope the exclusivity ends, so that Tequila Works can port it over to other platforms. It deserves to see more gamers.

Even though adventure games never seem to make it into my top 50, I still like to play them.  For example I played Broken Age this year with my family.  I really enjoyed it.  (And considering it's a Double Fine game, I'm guessing you've played it already.)  Anyway, I'm still on the lookout for exceptional adventure games, especially if they are humorous and the puzzles aren't too obtuse.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Please add DQ11S to the top of your backlog. It improves on DQ8 in just about every way imaginable, and the story is a roller coaster full of insanely good plotpoints.

I will eventually. I just already have such a massive backlog of games waiting that it's going to be a while, especially when a lot of the games are huge RPGs, but I will play it without question.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Even though adventure games never seem to make it into my top 50, I still like to play them.  For example I played Broken Age this year with my family.  I really enjoyed it.  (And considering it's a Double Fine game, I'm guessing you've played it already.)  Anyway, I'm still on the lookout for exceptional adventure games, especially if they are humorous and the puzzles aren't too obtuse.

I wouldn't call Gylt an adventure actually. More horror/stealth. Sure, it has puzzles, but they are not the main focus and not too hard.

And no, I haven't played Broken Age yet. I probably should. And I don't play every Double Fine game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]