By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How come nobody is talking about take two buying codemasters?

Is this good for Take Two?

Yes 3 42.86%

No 2 28.57%

I don't play racing sim 2 28.57%

Total:7

The Dirt games are hit and miss. They release too many. D5 looks great though.

Around the Network

Because no one really cares about Codemasters.

I don't really care about them, and in the end taketwon is a third party as well so no one is worried it may skip one console or the other.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Impressed they lasted this long tbh. 34 years on their own. They were never THE studio for the best racing games. Just hit and miss. The odd times they published games outside of racing was often terrible. Bullet Witch. Overlord on Wii. Bodycount. Some others were at least mediocre. Codemasters is a poster boy studio you expected to go out in the 7th gen or get bought by EA or 2K a decade ago.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Sucks to lose the independence of yet another publisher, but this is probably not a very big loss.

Last edited by Zkuq - on 07 November 2020

Around the Network

Realistic racing games aren't really popular outside of the first party ones, so it's no wonder there's not that much fuss about this buyout. Still, it's sad to see how small-medium studios are being gobbled up by big publishers, after a decade or so we won't have A or AA development, it will be either indie or AAA.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Remember them mostly from the game genie, and that was not so fun.

I like F1 and MicroMachines back in the day, these days I am not too invested in them.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Leynos said:
Impressed they lasted this long tbh. 34 years on their own. They were never THE studio for the best racing games. Just hit and miss. The odd times they published games outside of racing was often terrible. Bullet Witch. Overlord on Wii. Bodycount. Some others were at least mediocre. Codemasters is a poster boy studio you expected to go out in the 7th gen or get bought by EA or 2K a decade ago.

I had a good time with Overlord: Dark Legend.  I wouldn't call it a standout game, but it is decently fun.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

They are the ones in charge of the official F1 games so probably a slight loss there but nothing too major