By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How come nobody is talking about take two buying codemasters?

Is this good for Take Two?

Yes 3 42.86%

No 2 28.57%

I don't play racing sim 2 28.57%

Total:7

It's grim to see take two uy up most of the racing game industry.
This will leave Microids, Milestone and Sumo Digital as the only ones not owned by Take Two, Sony or Microsoft.

Of course Codemasters was among the top game publishers and develo[pers in Europe in the 80s and 90s, thanks to the Dizzy, Simulator, Micro Machines, Brian Lara Cricket & Colin McRae games. In the 2000s they almost entirely focused on racing games at the behest of the founders love of cars. They eventually left and outside investment companines moved in and Codemasters just kept making licensed racing games. They are the best in their field at what they do but they make licensed games that must release on a set date and they cannot be delayed whereas Microsoft can delay Forza as much as they want to perfect it.

Around the Network

From the Xbox perspective: lol who cares we got Forza Horizon and Motorsport.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Na, I do enjoy me some Formula 1.

I would have completed all of the cheevos on f1 2019 were it still possible.

What is a "Codemasters"? Are they the guardians of the internet?

ironmanDX said:
sales2099 said:

Na, I do enjoy me some Formula 1.

I would have completed all of the cheevos on f1 2019 were it still possible.

That’s on GP I believe. Ya that’s why this news doesn’t register to me on any level. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.