By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz - Site Upgrade

SO now we will have the picture of the posters so people won't be able to say "i knew who posted even before opening".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Front page looks great. The only suggestion I have, maybe cause I am getting older and eyes not as sharp lol is the Forum section on the side, I feel like it needs a bit more padding top and bottom so the black lines are not as close to the text to make it easier to read.I am however running a 1366x768 resolution still so it may just be squashing like that on my screen

I love how there's a weekly chartz section for different countries. Does this mean articles like "Game X sells 10,000 copies on the Swiss chartz" won't wind up clogging the news feed? There's been a lot of articles in the past on this site that just weren't newsworthy or didn't really need to be pushing more important articles off the front page. I feel like giving them their own section of the front page off to the side is a really good compromise.

Edit: I just noticed that there more room for articles on the front page. Before the site update the limit looked like 17 articles. Now it's 24. Anyway hopefully between these two improvements the site becomes less clogged with articles that just aren't newsworthy, and nobody cares about. You know what I mean. All those articles that have 0 comments. There's 11 of them on the front page as we speak!

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 07 November 2020

Congratulations on upgrading from PHP 5! My understanding is that PHP 7 has a lot of breaking changes, so it must have been quite a task to upgrade from PHP 5. Should make things a lot better though, I imagine! I feel the pain this must have caused because where I work, we're in the process of performing some updates that should have been done a long time ago, and it's a huge pain to do all the while developing new features as well...That said, while I appreciate all the work, at first I'm not a huge fan of all the UI changes. It's mainly because of what seems like added scrolling and visuality, which takes up space, but it's definitely nothing I can't cope with. I might leave more detailed and constructive feedback once I have the time to get familiar with the site refresh, but for now, thanks for the work anyway! I really do appreciate taking care of the site.

Some really eye-popping changes. Major props to Talon and everyone else involved. Can see a lot was put into this.

Around the Network

Was a bit nervous of how it would turn out, but it looks great. Good job!

It looks amazing! Clean and crisp and you have more overview of the whole front page, categories nicely placed and sorted as well. I've yet to try it on mobile but I'll look tomorrow. Great work, you guys!

Thanks everyone who were involved with this upgrade. Seems like a lot of effort has been put into it. My only wishful thinking would be the same as Cobretti2 mentioned. Currently, forum section gets a bit lost on low resolution displays, like laptops for example.

Looks nicer but now it loads so slowly.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Seems like some people are crashing and no matter the link they click they end up in the same page

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."