By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A French teacher beheaded, chaos ensues, EU warns Turkey of sanctions

Eagle367 said:
I am done with this stupid thread. It's just exhausting screaming at walls. I tell people to increase their knowledge so they are better informed about the religion they love to attack and their response is no, their level of ignorance about the religion is ok. If you can't increase your knowledge about the things you criticize, then it's a misinformed opinion and shouldn't hold any water or value. Learning is how you make an informed decision and not one based on what other people say, and one based on prejudice and one based on misinformation. السلام وعلیکم everyone, I'm out

please man, who are the real victims here? it is not the muslims, but the people killed by muslim extremists, as well as any religious person that happens not to be muslim, that is now scared for his/her life

I had this discussion many times the last few years, and changed the minds of many people, that Islam is a peaceful religion and the extremists are just very few psychopath individuals, but watching people protesting against Marcon in masses and not against extremism is beyong me

is the problem Macron or Islamic extremism? if I was an average muslim and was feeling insulted by this, I would organize protests against extremism to show to the world and extremists what most muslims are all about, but I don't see any of that, it's either silence or playing victims of 'Islamophobia'

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Killing over religion is so stupid. People should be free to practice religion but you cannot use it as an excuse or pretext to exert violence over anyone.

The direct victims of such violence have my deepest sympathies.

The residual effects that tarnish the reputation of others from the same religion as said perpetrators is also shameful. Violence only begets more violence. Vengeance is a never ending circle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I live in vienna. Pretty bad right now. Nobody directly affected that I know. But the helicopters and sirens and bad thoughts will keep me awake. I started reading the Koran 3 days ago. To afford an educated opinion. I'm not far in. Like on page 30-something from 600. So no educated opinion just yet. But up until now the book seems less concerned about telling allegorical stories like the bibel does and more concerned about telling readers how blind people wothout faith are and how they (and Jews that just sai they believe in Allah but dont really believe) should get punished. Really strange because at another point it said that as long as you are good and believe in Allah (like no matter if Christian, Jew, or other) you don't need to fear punishment.
So up until now it reads like incoherent ramblings of a mad man. Let's see how it unfolds. I'll try to be open.

Aidman said:
Eagle367 said:
I am done with this stupid thread. It's just exhausting screaming at walls. I tell people to increase their knowledge so they are better informed about the religion they love to attack and their response is no, their level of ignorance about the religion is ok. If you can't increase your knowledge about the things you criticize, then it's a misinformed opinion and shouldn't hold any water or value. Learning is how you make an informed decision and not one based on what other people say, and one based on prejudice and one based on misinformation. السلام وعلیکم everyone, I'm out

If they just read..

1. In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

2. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds.

3. The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

4. Master of the Day of Judgment.

5. It is You we worship, and upon You we call for help.

6. Guide us to the straight path.

7. The path of those You have blessed, not of those against whom there is anger, nor of those who are misguided.

Yeah.. we just need to "read" and "increase our knowledge". It's just we're very ignorant, otherwise, we would know better /s. 

I read the Quran enough times to know it's full of contradictions, throw Hadith on top and you got some obscene levels of bigotry and immorality (and slavery laws, including slave trading laws lol). I am truly surprised neither has been "banned" for hate speech now that the west fetishizes censorship and our tech overlords are obsessed with telling us what's appropriate to share and what it isn't.

Take the Sura you quoted for example, in which Allah claims it's the most merciful, yet, few pages later, it talks proudly about eternal hell & punishment for some humans, the same humans Allah created to be weak and ignorant. I can not think of an evil deed that is deserving of eternal hell, can you even imagine what eternal hell means? It's 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 x ∞ number of years or centuries of burning in a thousand fires.

Who's the worst person in history of mankind? Pick one, anyone, and I can confidently say that they don't deserve to burn for eternity for what they've done. Punishment unfit for whatever crime, let alone a crime committed by a human created by Allah who admits to making us all ignorant and weak minded. Afterlife punishments aside, what's the point of cats born blind just to die of pain and hunger in this life? Animals can get by due to healthcare but what is the point of blind cats and broken.

Does Allah show forms of mercy every now and then? Indeed, it does, but in no way that makes him the most merciful. All this incomprehensibility in one Aya from the first page in the Quran, the more you dive deeper into it, the more you scratch your head at how illogical and inconsistent of a book it is. Of course, religious upbringing means you take what you read for what is and submit. 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 03 November 2020

France boosts its border controls after terrorist attacks

Macron said the number of police and troops in charge of border controls will double from 2,400 now to 4,800. They will focus on fighting illegal immigration and smuggling activities, he said, during a visit to a frontier post in Le Perthus, at the border with Spain. “We see very clearly that terrorist actions can actually be led by some people who use migratory flows to threaten our territory. So we must reinforce our controls for reasons of national security,” Macron said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/france-boosts-its-border-controls-after-terrorist-attacks-france-emmanuel-macron-border-controls-border-controls-country-b1617175.html

France bans Turkish ultra-nationalist Grey Wolves group

The French government on Wednesday banned the Grey Wolves, a far-right nationalist group accused of violent actions and inciting hate speech in France. The ban was approved during a weekly Cabinet meeting, according to government spokesperson Gabriel Attal. France accused the group of "extremely violent actions," spreading "extremely violent threats'' and creating "incitement to hatred against authorities and Armenians,'' Attal said, citing an Armenian memorial near the eastern city of Lyon that was found defaced last weekend. The 1915 Armenian genocide memorial had "Grey wolf" and "RTE," the initials of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, written on it, as well as pro-Turkish slogans. Armenians have long campaigned for the mass killings of their ancestors in the Ottoman Empire from 1915 to be recognized as genocide. France backs their call.

Turkey hits back In reaction to the ban on the Grey Wolves, Ankara vowed to "respond in the firmest way possible." The Turkish Foreign Ministry denied the very existence of the group, saying France was "dealing with an imaginary formation." In a statement, the ministry said the French government had to "protect the freedom of assembly and expression of Turks in France."

https://www.dw.com/en/france-bans-turkish-ultra-nationalist-grey-wolves-group/a-55503469

France Condemns Recep Tayyip Erdogan's "Declarations Of Violence"

Erdogan has been feuding bitterly with French President Emmanuel Macron on a number of geopolitical flashpoints and recently also France's fight against radical Islam. "There are now declarations of violence, even hatred, which are regularly posted by president Erdogan which are unacceptable," French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told Europe 1 radio. Turkey vowed Wednesday to "respond in the firmest way possible" to France's ban of the Turkish ultra-nationalist Grey Wolves group linked to a top ally of Erdogan. "It is not only France that is targeted, there is a total European solidarity on the subject -- we want Turkey to renounce this logic," Le Drian said. The European Council, he added, has already decided to take measures against the Turkish authorities, and "now it is important for the Turks to take the necessary measures to avoid this. Newsbeep "There are means of pressure, there is an agenda of possible sanctions."

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

[...]

France bans Turkish ultra-nationalist Grey Wolves group

The French government on Wednesday banned the Grey Wolves, a far-right nationalist group accused of violent actions and inciting hate speech in France. The ban was approved during a weekly Cabinet meeting, according to government spokesperson Gabriel Attal. France accused the group of "extremely violent actions," spreading "extremely violent threats'' and creating "incitement to hatred against authorities and Armenians,'' Attal said, citing an Armenian memorial near the eastern city of Lyon that was found defaced last weekend. The 1915 Armenian genocide memorial had "Grey wolf" and "RTE," the initials of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, written on it, as well as pro-Turkish slogans. Armenians have long campaigned for the mass killings of their ancestors in the Ottoman Empire from 1915 to be recognized as genocide. France backs their call.

Turkey hits back In reaction to the ban on the Grey Wolves, Ankara vowed to "respond in the firmest way possible." The Turkish Foreign Ministry denied the very existence of the group, saying France was "dealing with an imaginary formation." In a statement, the ministry said the French government had to "protect the freedom of assembly and expression of Turks in France."

https://www.dw.com/en/france-bans-turkish-ultra-nationalist-grey-wolves-group/a-55503469

France Condemns Recep Tayyip Erdogan's "Declarations Of Violence"

Erdogan has been feuding bitterly with French President Emmanuel Macron on a number of geopolitical flashpoints and recently also France's fight against radical Islam. "There are now declarations of violence, even hatred, which are regularly posted by president Erdogan which are unacceptable," French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told Europe 1 radio. Turkey vowed Wednesday to "respond in the firmest way possible" to France's ban of the Turkish ultra-nationalist Grey Wolves group linked to a top ally of Erdogan. "It is not only France that is targeted, there is a total European solidarity on the subject -- we want Turkey to renounce this logic," Le Drian said. The European Council, he added, has already decided to take measures against the Turkish authorities, and "now it is important for the Turks to take the necessary measures to avoid this. Newsbeep "There are means of pressure, there is an agenda of possible sanctions."

LOL @ France always tolerating foreign terrorists as long as they don't threaten France itself too, then suddenly waking up when it's too late for it too.
How deep were they sleeping when the grey wolf Ali Ağca tried to kill Pope John Paul II almost 40 years ago (and already being a known and jailed terrorist more than 40 years ago)?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It is so odd that the islam country government got so offended by Macrons remarks but not so much about the acts of their citizens commiting terrorism.

Not good for the moderate islamic people

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Eagle367 said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Macron is the world's most sensible leader at the moment

care how you use the word 'religion', you can't put all faiths in a bucket just because you are atheist, it is not religious extremism, it is Islamic extremism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48146305

https://providencemag.com/2020/04/world-ignoring-christian-genocide-nigeria/

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/new-calls-for-us-sanctions-on-turkey-for-christian-persecution-31519

we have freedom of speech and beliefs in Europe, but I'm sure many Christians are now scared to go to church, I am scared to go to church, and this is not something that is supposed to happen in today's 'forward moving' Europe

Macron is a big idiot who would be the most stupid leader if it wasn't for Modhi, Imran Khan, Netenyahu, Bolsanaro, Bolsanaro and Trump. Trudeau is smarter than Macron, Merkel is smarter than Macron and the new Zealand PM is most certainly smarter and up there as the most sensible one. Macron is a Jackass

Man you make so many excuses and exclusions for Muslim bad behavior then list the most stupid leaders and they aren't the muslim leaders that you said doesn't represent islam.

Say what you will, but christians are criticized all the time and mocked, with people dressing up as a transexual Jesus with a crucifix on the anus and even though christian get very pissed with it you won't see they behading that person.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Eagle367 said:

I see an apologist who isn’t at all concerned with the victims of what is factually religiously motivated aggression. 

You shouldn’t behead people in modern society. And Muslim leaders need to spend more time denouncing and less time protesting words that aren’t even directed towards them (as like you said most aren’t extremists). 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
Eagle367 said:

Macron is a big idiot who would be the most stupid leader if it wasn't for Modhi, Imran Khan, Netenyahu, Bolsanaro, Bolsanaro and Trump. Trudeau is smarter than Macron, Merkel is smarter than Macron and the new Zealand PM is most certainly smarter and up there as the most sensible one. Macron is a Jackass

Man you make so many excuses and exclusions for Muslim bad behavior then list the most stupid leaders and they aren't the muslim leaders that you said doesn't represent islam.

Say what you will, but christians are criticized all the time and mocked, with people dressing up as a transexual Jesus with a crucifix on the anus and even though christian get very pissed with it you won't see they behading that person.

I'm not gonna comment further on this topic but I have to tell you, Imran Khan is the Pakistani PM.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also