By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A French teacher beheaded, chaos ensues, EU warns Turkey of sanctions

m0ney said:
Religion is for the weak minded and the weak minded shouldn't have any freedom but to move around in their singular cells.

It's important that religious people understand why non religious people dislike what they themselves hold the most sacred.

If you insult someones child it is very likely that same person will not be open to anything you will have to say on how to raise children properly and the same counts for religion,we vent about what we dislike and what we hate and the gratification we get from that is sadly often the only purpose/goal of the venting.

To reach a mutual understanding on topics like these,we need to tread carefully.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 05 November 2020

Around the Network
m0ney said:
Religion is for the weak minded and the weak minded shouldn't have any freedom but to move around in their singular cells.

what a weak-minded opinion...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

seriously now? instead of protesting against extremism they protest against Macron, very disapointing

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Eagle367 said:
I am done with this stupid thread. It's just exhausting screaming at walls. I tell people to increase their knowledge so they are better informed about the religion they love to attack and their response is no, their level of ignorance about the religion is ok. If you can't increase your knowledge about the things you criticize, then it's a misinformed opinion and shouldn't hold any water or value. Learning is how you make an informed decision and not one based on what other people say, and one based on prejudice and one based on misinformation. السلام وعلیکم everyone, I'm out

If they just read..

1. In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

2. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds.

3. The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

4. Master of the Day of Judgment.

5. It is You we worship, and upon You we call for help.

6. Guide us to the straight path.

7. The path of those You have blessed, not of those against whom there is anger, nor of those who are misguided.

coolbeans said:

^This shit used to be something you'd see on a parody website.

Reading through the OP, I'm absolutely baffled by the viciousness against France & Macron here.  I thought "Islamist" was a specific category that didn't include all Muslims.  It's also nice to see a world leader have some stones regarding this topic.  Anyone, including Erdogan, fuming at Macron or burning effigies of him probably doesn't understand that everyone has a limited patience.  If the "this has nothing to do with Islam" line is bandied by officials and bodies continue piling up by violent men who're yelling "Allahu Ackbar" then what do you expect?

I'm happily stand corrected if supplementary video of Macron doing/saying something more wicked is shown.  But if you're that incensed by what Macron has said, I can only hope your anger is multiplied tenfold knowing a violent extremist praised your God while killing innocent people.  The fact that so many Muslims (caught on tape) put more effort into caring about the former than the latter speaks volumes to me.

It's kind of like if I criticize the Westboro Baptist Church, citing its disturbing angles and views and its hateful and downright dangerous views on others, and then all regular christians attack me for attacking them and their faith. It's very telling that the two recent attacks in France were against people in a church, and an actual priest; this is a religous war to some, despite the very clearly communicated point that it's about secular, rational thought versus religious extremist doctrine. Unfortunately, large parts of the Western world have grown accustomed to relativization and rationalizing the actions of certain groups and factions due to a perceived need for perpetual protection, which is why semi-integrated speakers and coloumnists are even able to write their "yeah, beheadings are terrible but bringing more blasphemy is not the answer" pieces with fairly little opposition. Many are afraid to insult certain groups, and extremists use this to their advantage. If someone told me face-to face that they felt personally offended by Macron's words, I would ask them the following question: since specific sects within a greater world religion were singled out as the perpetrators and main issue here and you're clearly so upset, does that mean that you identify with these groups in any kind of way? If the answer is no; then why the outrage?

Any person's right not to be offended should never stand above the basic human right to live, and live free at that. Most of my muslim aquintances over here have taken the whole matter well, they say that their personal relationship with god is in no way harmed by someone, somewhere showing drawings of the prophet. I'm happy to be living in a region where blasphemy laws are a thing of the distant past and there's a clear and distinct separation between church and state, blasphemy laws is a medieval concept and has no place in a modern society of any kind.

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
m0ney said:

Pls don't chop my head off brown boy.

~User was mdoerated for this post. - Pemalite.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 02 November 2020

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Pls don't chop my head off brown boy.

a strong-minded reply from a strong-minded person, keep it up

New terror attack in Vienna? (~20mins ago)
Supposedly radical muslims entered a Synagogue and gunned down some people.
7 people presumed dead, and 1 cop.

Apparently a "explosive device has detonated aswell".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1355284/vienna-terror-attack-shooting-austria-police-latest-synagogue-news

That's fucked.

Because the world isn't doing it tough enough already because of COVID... We have selfish religious extremists as well who no regard for human life.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

JRPGfan said:
New terror attack in Vienna? (~20mins ago)
Supposedly radical muslims entered a Synagogue and gunned down some people.
7 people presumed dead, and 1 cop.

Apparently a "explosive device has detonated aswell".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1355284/vienna-terror-attack-shooting-austria-police-latest-synagogue-news

god, this marks the 4th terror attack from muslim extremists the recent days

there was an attack at a Christian Orthodox church in Lyon 2 days ago, not mentioned much by the media because there are no victims as of now, the priest is still in critical condition