By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A French teacher beheaded, chaos ensues, EU warns Turkey of sanctions

The French invented terrorist beheadings about 225 years ago. I bet they regret that stupid shit now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
The French invented terrorist beheadings about 225 years ago. I bet they regret that stupid shit now.

Lot to unpack here. I’m sure the act of beheading an enemy of the state isn’t a French invention. Yea, the long dead French lawmakers are really regretting this. Also the church victims aren’t terrorists so the comparison doesn’t hold. Also like your unintentional implication that Muslim extremists are behaving literally hundreds of years in the past.

Maybe catch up to modern times? Would be nice. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

You can have your opinion and do a free speech, but a free speech need to have some respect to other religion. In Indonesia we respect every religion although we are different in race , religion etc. You can have your opinion of Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad peace be upon him. But we never mocking other people holly person or God. I believe in free speech, and Muslim and believe in tolerant act . But Macron is not the best person to teach us about tolerant and free speech.

Even Napoleon Bonaparte respect Muhammad and Islam.

Beheading people also is also wrong, but remember both are wrong. And Macron should apologize, the person who beheaded need to be punish and people who mock the prophet need to be punish as well.

sales2099 said:
Eagle367 said:
I am done with this stupid thread. It's just exhausting screaming at walls. I tell people to increase their knowledge so they are better informed about the religion they love to attack and their response is no, their level of ignorance about the religion is ok. If you can't increase your knowledge about the things you criticize, then it's a misinformed opinion and shouldn't hold any water or value. Learning is how you make an informed decision and not one based on what other people say, and one based on prejudice and one based on misinformation. السلام وعلیکم everyone, I'm out

I see an apologist who isn’t at all concerned with the victims of what is factually religiously motivated aggression. 

You shouldn’t behead people in modern society. And Muslim leaders need to spend more time denouncing and less time protesting words that aren’t even directed towards them (as like you said most aren’t extremists). 

Many Muslim leaders and Imam and Islamic scholar  (religion priest leader in Islam) condemned the beheading of French teachers, but one person cannot be accounted for all Muslim. Nor it's represented Islam.  That person is who did beheading is wrong as well the person who mocked the prophet also wrong. 

HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

I see an apologist who isn’t at all concerned with the victims of what is factually religiously motivated aggression. 

You shouldn’t behead people in modern society. And Muslim leaders need to spend more time denouncing and less time protesting words that aren’t even directed towards them (as like you said most aren’t extremists). 

Many Muslim leaders and Imam and Islamic scholar  (religion priest leader in Islam) condemned the beheading of French teachers, but one person cannot be accounted for all Muslim. Nor it's represented Islam.  That person is who did beheading is wrong as well the person who mocked the prophet also wrong. 

I said in my post most aren't extremists. Think it comes down to one side being extremely sensitive. People said it in this thread that Christianity is mocked daily. But there is no real threat of physical “street justice”. You insult Islam and risk your head getting cut off. In this regard even condemning isn’t enough...you have to reform to be able to handle insults without getting violent. 

Last sentence you wrote, I really hope you don’t hold both acts as equal. One is clearly,  objectively, worse then the other. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

I said in my post most aren't extremists. Think it comes down to one side being extremely sensitive. People said it in this thread that Christianity is mocked daily. But there is no real threat of physical “street justice”. You insult Islam and risk your head getting cut off. In this regard even condemning isn’t enough...you have to reform to be able to handle insults without getting violent. 

Last sentence you wrote, I really hope you don’t hold both acts as equal. One is clearly,  objectively, worse then the other. 

Actually mocking a prophet in Islam considered as ultra big sin . The prophet is a holly person and beloved person more than their parent, country  or even their life. In Islam Muslim are considered Muslim if they believe in One God and The Prophet. This not my opinion but if you are a Muslim this is just natural. 

But this of course does not mean we can kill every none believer on the street. Muslim need to follow the rule of a country or ruler , even he an orthodox Muslim. And yes the person who mocking the prophet are guilty according to Islam and the one who be headed the person also wrong. 

And no there is no objective , faith is subjective. Faith in every way including religion , science, ideology are subject based. The cause of this faith either religion, ideology are purely subjective.  

HollyGamer said:

You can have your opinion and do a free speech, but a free speech need to have some respect to other religion. In Indonesia we respect every religion although we are different in race , religion etc. You can have your opinion of Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad peace be upon him. But we never mocking other people holly person or God. I believe in free speech, and Muslim and believe in tolerant act . But Macron is not the best person to teach us about tolerant and free speech.

Beheading people also is also wrong, but remember both are wrong. And Macron should apologize, the person who beheaded need to be punish and people who mock the prophet need to be punish as well.

Sorry but although I agree one shouldn't be mocking other religions, the most one should do against it is talk back and perhaps boycot, can't equate it to the beheading.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

Actually mocking a prophet in Islam considered as ultra big sin . The prophet is a holly person and beloved person more than their parent, country  or even their life. In Islam Muslim are considered Muslim if they believe in One God and The Prophet. This not my opinion but if you are a Muslim this is just natural. 

But this of course does not mean we can kill every none believer on the street. Muslim need to follow the rule of a country or ruler , even he an orthodox Muslim. And yes the person who mocking the prophet are guilty according to Islam and the one who be headed the person also wrong. 

And no there is no objective , faith is subjective. Faith in every way including religion , science, ideology are subject based. The cause of this faith either religion, ideology are purely subjective.  

These strict blasphemy laws were phased out of Christianity hundreds of years ago. Again people can mock Jesus freely without fear of repercussion. Reform needs to happen especially for those living in the West. 

It’s concerning you are disputing that the act of beheading isn’t a worse act then blasphemy. One is words...the other involves crudely taking a life.  

sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:

These strict blasphemy laws were phased out of Christianity hundreds of years ago. Again people can mock Jesus freely without fear of repercussion. Reform needs to happen especially for those living in the West. 

It’s concerning you are disputing that the act of beheading isn’t a worse act then blasphemy. One is words...the other involves crudely taking a life.  

The Cristian problem is Christianity problem, Christian is not even a religion anymore now. Why would a religion need reform, if a religion can be reform than it's not religion by God but by Human. The Cristian should asking them self why would they allow people slandering and mocking Jesus peace be upon him, even Muslim angry when Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Noah and every other Abrahamic  prophet  are mocked by bad people. 

In Islam we are not changing anything because Islam is the religion from God it self. We believe Islam is the religion of Abraham, Jesus and Moses and Noah and the prophet Muhammad peace be upon all of them.

Also my opinion killing person is bad, i am condemned the person it self self, but like i said this is not just my opinion, If I was the ruler of Islamic country and i let people mocking The prophet than i will let a very big sin slip away . It's a major sin in Islam.  

But of course the beheading are supposed to happen if the person are mocked inside Islamic ruled country like in Saudi or Brunei with sharia law. If it happen outside then it's wrong because Muslim need to obey local authority. 

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 06 November 2020

DonFerrari said:
HollyGamer said:

Sorry but although I agree one shouldn't be mocking other religions, the most one should do against it is talk back and perhaps boycot, can't equate it to the beheading.

You can agree or disagree, but in Islam, mocking the prophet is sentence by death of course that if you are mocked the prophet inside Islamic ruled country. This not my opinion but The Qur'an told us to. Like it or not that's the rule of Islam.  Again the person who slender or mock the prophet has to be inside Islamic ruled country . If not then , Muslim need to follow the local authority regarding this and be patient.