By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A French teacher beheaded, chaos ensues, EU warns Turkey of sanctions

Word of advice, don’t spam the post button thinking the site crashed. It remembers all the taps lol. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 08 November 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Damn slow site. My bad. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Damn slow site. My bad. 

Damn slow site. My bad. 

holy octuple post Batman!

Last edited by Barozi - on 08 November 2020

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

nm 

I think you got your point across =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

I’d counter that these laws from Judaism, Christianity and Islam were written when life was harsh and its laws reflected that. We have evolved as a species and as such the laws have largely changed since 1500+ years ago. I’m just gonna say if people of your faith believe saying words equals death, or chopping off heads is even considered as a punishment, then maybe you need some type of reform. 

Our faith and belief doesn’t change. How we conduct ourselves as people should however adapt with the times. 

Yes indeed Islam when it was reveal was in the harsh condition where people who lived where living in tribal age and far from civilization, and constant tribal war. But then again the prophet still continue receiving Qur'an revelations after The prophet won the battled and the prophet ended the war. The prophet still receiving the revelation and guided by God in peaceful era . Even when The prophet still in exodus in Madinah , The prophet living peaceful life with Non Muslim and doing business and transaction and deal with Jews, pagans and some Christian in Medina. 

So Qur'an has teach us in many condition etc.

Also Qur'an are not written by Muhammad , there is no Muhammad opinion or idea inside Qur'an. Even the prophet has very less name on it . inside the Qur'an is purely God revelation that God speak to the person who read from first person perspective. Muhammad is just messenger that cannot read, nor write. How come he able to write a fantastic book that lead a backward society and tribal people to be the most influential cavillation also lead the modern technology and civilization  until now. Nor human able to do that, because indeed the book are not written by person (Muhammad) 

The history lesson doesn’t address what I said. I said through the ages to modern times, our faith and devotion remains the same. However I think as a species we moved past the point of killing people for saying “words”. 

But that is not the fault of the religion. The criminals were acting not based on any religion.  For this matter he claim, he acted because of his love to the prophet. This is false accusation. The prophet never allowed Muslim killing non Muslim without urgency reason or even if the non Muslim is wrong they still cannot act by him self and need to consult to local authority and judge by the local court . 

Yes it is. In Muslim majority countries it is the death penalty for blasphemy.

Yes correct indeed some Muslim law country allowed death penalty for blasphemy. Because any country has rights to kill anyone within their rule, the same like western country has right to kill anyone who threaten their country safety , political stability or people that can cause problem in the society. Hell even any country has the right to invaded any country if the country are against their idea or ideology . I think it's normal 

HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

I’d counter that these laws from Judaism, Christianity and Islam were written when life was harsh and its laws reflected that. We have evolved as a species and as such the laws have largely changed since 1500+ years ago. I’m just gonna say if people of your faith believe saying words equals death, or chopping off heads is even considered as a punishment, then maybe you need some type of reform. 

Our faith and belief doesn’t change. How we conduct ourselves as people should however adapt with the times. 

Yes indeed Islam when it was reveal was in the harsh condition where people who lived where living in tribal age and far from civilization, and constant tribal war. But then again the prophet still continue receiving Qur'an revelations after The prophet won the battled and the prophet ended the war. The prophet still receiving the revelation and guided by God in peaceful era . Even when The prophet still in exodus in Madinah , The prophet living peaceful life with Non Muslim and doing business and transaction and deal with Jews, pagans and some Christian in Medina. 

Also Qur'an are not written by Muhammad , there is no Muhammad opinion or idea inside Qur'an. Even the prophet has very less name on it . inside the Qur'an is purely God revelation that God speak to the person who read from first person perspective. Muhammad is just messenger that cannot read, nor write. How come he able to write a fantastic book that lead a backward society and tribal people to be the most influential cavillation also lead the modern technology and civilization  until now. Nor human able to do that, because indeed the book are not written by person (Muhammad) 

The history lesson doesn’t address what I said. I said through the ages to modern times, our faith and devotion remains the same. However I think as a species we moved past the point of killing people for saying “words”. 

But that is not the fault of the religion. The criminals were acting not based on any religion.  For this matter he claim, he acted because of his love to the prophet. This is false accusation. The prophet never allowed Muslim killing non Muslim without urgency reason or even if the non Muslim is wrong they still cannot act by him self and need to consult to local authority and judge by the local court . 

Yes correct indeed some Muslim law country allowed death penalty for blasphemy. Because any country has rights to kill anyone within their rule, the same like western country has right to kill anyone who threaten their country safety , political stability or people that can cause problem in the society. Hell even any country has the right to invaded any country if the country are against their idea or ideology . I think it's normal 

Then this is where we fundamentally disagree. You think these laws are normal and don’t need reform. And it’s these norms that are carried over into the West where I’m sorry to say, are medieval by comparison. 

sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:
HollyGamer said:
sales2099 said:

Then this is where we fundamentally disagree. You think these laws are normal and don’t need reform. And it’s these norms that are carried over into the West where I’m sorry to say, are medieval by comparison. 

Do you realize that western society  still killing people as well, declaring  a war. killing innocent, push their ideology , push their agenda and threating the world . Please educate your self with reality first before claiming that Islam need  reform, in fact it's just a hypocrisy. 

Do you realize that western society  still killing people as well, declaring  a war. killing innocent, push their ideology , push their agenda and threating the world . Please educate your self with reality first before claiming that Islam need  reform, in fact it's just a hypocrisy. 

Not for saying words. You can get boycotted, loose your job, or have charges pressed against you for libel or hate crime. But you don’t die from it. What you said is the “backed against the wall” response. Stay on topic, you think death due to “words” is justified in certain countries. I think it has no place in a modern, civilized society. 

(BTW you talking geo-political relations/actions between governments. I’m talking local civilian law. Don’t confuse the two, stay on topic in your reply)