By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 back compat may not be as complete as I first thought

So these games may show some errors or they will be not completely playable BC?

They are 2 different things, but I hope they can get patched to work 100%.

In my case from that list I only own Batman Return to Arkham.

Around the Network

Wow, there's quite a few sizeable names and recent releases in that list. Doom Eternal even?!

If this list doesn't grow any futher, then this is not a disaster for the vast majority of PS4 owners. There's also the possibility of some of the bigger title to get patches to remove them from the list.

4 ≈ One

OP has been working over time to try and put down the ps5 lately. How many thread this week alone is it now?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Now km curious to see how these games run on PS5s. Hopefully they dont brick consoles.

Squall_Leonhart said:
Am I the only one not overly bothered about the PS5 being backwards compatible... I mean i buy a new console to play games made for that console and not ones before! I get the appeal but it is most certainly not a deal breaker like some make it out to be!

Exactly. Some people thought B/C was going to change this gen. Said it gave MS a huge E3 win that year it was announced. It changed nothing.

Even for people who really need B/C, the fact remains that 99% of PS4's games will still be playable on PS5. Most of those will play fine, while others may have to be updated to improve compatibility, if devs so choose to. Either way, not going to change the fact that the hype for PS5 is through the roof.

Around the Network

Pre-order canceled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

eva01beserk said:
OP has been working over time to try and put down the ps5 lately. How many thread this week alone is it now?

Yes indeed and a lot of people notice the same thing, it's all about pushing a narrative/agenda and it's getting quite old. 

shikamaru317 said:
eva01beserk said:

I post both positive Sony news and negative Sony news. I'm sorry that you struggle with hearing the negative, but even Sony friendly sites like Push Square are reporting on this:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/ps5_fans_are_very_concerned_about_ubisofts_comments_on_ps4_backwards_compatibility

I've only posted 2 threads this week that could possibly even be seen as negative for Sony, the other one being the one being the thread about the Xbox Wire article where Microsoft claimed that Xbox Series is the only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 features.

Im laughing so hard at your "possitive" news. No body and the very first comment is yours just crapping all ovr it. That was one of your post I was gona put under you crapping on sony this week so that would make it 3 so far. And the weekend still hasent started.

Nice push square article. Just like you post it should have ended as soon as ubisoft retracted their statement. Even without it sony had already said that it might have bugs but its payable. At no point was this wording you did nesesarry without doing a little research.

But thats fine, it seems thats your style. Any news that could be painted even slightly against sony you magnify it and add your twist and assumptions like that RDNA2 article. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Travis Scott is a person? I thought it was a burger.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

You have to post positive news about Sony all the time... Not just most of the time Shika.

Otherwise you'll be swarmed by a mob of people until you get to the point where you want the thread to be closed.

This is both sad and hilarious at the same time.