By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 back compat may not be as complete as I first thought

Bandorr said:
ironmanDX said:

Rubbish. 

Half of the talk in these forums is to speculate about things that have yet to be released. We've been talking about Nintendo NX's, Xbox Scorpios and PS Prosperos for years. Not to mention sequels of games, tonnes of rumours are discussed daily.

There is obviously a difference between bootable and compatible. Who cares if we don't know exactly what it means. The words themselves allude to enough for discussion. 

Yet you didn't. You claim an obvious difference - so what is it? The words themselves allude to enough for discussion - but you didn't discuss them.

So what is the obvious difference, and what is the distinction enough that allows for discussion?

Why is one bootable but that other compatible? I asked many questions - you answered none.

I said they ALLUDE to enough to warrant discussion. You're putting words in my mouth because you have no clear rebuttal. You've also seemingly decided to join in on the speculation with me despite a post ago saying there is no discussion to be had.

Ok, mate. Pick a fight. You're all over the place.

Edit: I think the difference will be that there are some features missing. What, I'm not to sure. Someone who has played the game might be able to elaborate.

Maybe they'll not take advantage of new features PS5 has, such as "quick resume" or whatever the PS5 equivalent is. Happy? 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
ironmanDX said:

I said they ALLUDE to enough to warrant discussion. Never an obvious difference. You're putting words in my mouth because you have no clear rebuttal. You've also seemingly decided to join in on the speculation with me despite a post ago saying there is no discussion to be had.

Ok, mate. Pick a fight. You're all over the place. 

"There is obviously a difference between bootable and compatible."

"I said they ALLUDE to enough to warrant discussion. Never an obvious difference"

"You've also seemingly decided to join in on the speculation with me"

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9236592

• When you say there is obviously a difference - that's you saying there is an obvious difference. This is basic language skills.
  • You quoted me. You commented to me. You started this conversation. You joined on the conversation I was having with someone else
  • Allow me to quote myself. "I asked many questions - you answered none.".

But I can tell from this kind of point how this conversation goes. You say something - then you deny it. You say I joined in.. when you jumped in. And for two posts in a row you've answered no questions.

You aren't worth my time - and you'll be getting no more of it. Good bye.

Well, yeah... There kind of is an obvious difference in the sense they used different terms to describe the level of compatibility. 

Those terms then allude to enough to warrant a discussion. 

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, my apologies. 

You said that there is no discussion to be had... At least you're sticking to your word and leaving the thread and/or not replying to me then. 

Hiku said:
Angelus said:

His thread title did accurately describe his topic, you just didn't care for it.

He found some info about games being described as not being backwards compatible on PS5, by Ubisoft. Games that weren't part of the Sony list of incompatible titles that had been released prior....and he made a thread about it. Just because he wasn't aware of all the context or nuances at the time he made the thread, doesn't mean he made a bad thread, or that it was poorly titled. Honestly, you're coming across as quite petty here.

It did not. It claimed that Sony made a suggestion that they didn't.
This was based on OP's misconception.

So I asked him to make the description accurate. As we've done with hundreds of threads. But he refused, and told me to do it.

By the way, I straight up got a warning from GuyDuke (while you were mod I believe) for how I handled the links/copy/pasting of an article.
So I don't know what you're on about regarding never seeing anything like this before. They'd probably give you a warning for backseat moderating if you did what you just did back then.

Sony did make a suggestion. Just because their suggestion was also subject to change, doesn't change the original suggestion, which, this close to launch, would be seen by most as a pretty concrete statement. I know I certainly didn't expect to see any news about a bunch of additional PS4 games, outside of those Sony listed the other day, to not be working, or otherwise running into problems.

You brought up, basically, Sony's fine print in regards to that statement, but nobody really looks at the fine print, do they? Certainly not when it's news most people wouldn't have even seen from the original source, but, much like this thread, disseminated via a forum thread, twitter, or some other second hand recounting of "Hey, basically everything's gonna work just fine on your PS5." You're being a stickler here, and I'm honestly not sure how you can deny it. Shika wasn't writing an article for VGC. He was just making a thread.

Whether shika properly linked to his sources for the thread is another matter, and if you were simply calling him out on that, and I wouldn't take issue with what you're doing.

Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

Come on man there's definitely a discussion to be had. Sony said 10 games wont be compatible with the PS5, Ubisoft put up an article saying some of their games wont be backward compatible but on the Sony site these games and some others are listed as bootable not compatible. Yeah ee need to learn more but there's definitely a discussion to be had its not fearmongering. 

And then ubisoft deleted that article.

https://andshrew.github.io/supreme-enigma/

Using the games from that article you can see why. Look up "Assassin’s Creed® Chronicles: China" for example they all say "compatible".

Yet "Assassin’s Creed® Chronicles: Russia" is "bootable".

So what's the discussion to be had on that? That one will work but one won't work? That one will get a boost and one won't?

Aren't those games found under "Assassin's Creed Chronicles" Why is the trilogy bootable but not compatible?

There is no discussion without knowing what those words mean.

There's a discussion to be had.

Even if it was deleted there is still something fishy about sony saying the games are conptand the devs saying its not.

jason1637 said:

Come on man there's definitely a discussion to be had. Sony said 10 games wont be compatible with the PS5, Ubisoft put up an article saying some of their games wont be backward compatible but on the Sony site these games and some others are listed as bootable not compatible. Yeah ee need to learn more but there's definitely a discussion to be had its not fearmongering. 

Sony stated that the list of 10 games was subject to change. That means they haven't properly tested every game.
When you say "bootable/not compatible" you're talking about this? https://andshrew.github.io/supreme-enigma/

I'm browsing through it. Which games aren't compatible?

The now deleted article brought used the word compatible. 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

There's a discussion to be had.

Even if it was deleted there is still something fishy about sony saying the games are conptand the devs saying its not.

Are people allergic to answers? You are just repeating yourself. You answer no questions and just say "it's suspicious over and over".

Every game is compatible.  The debate would be "bootable" vs "compatible".  The "ubisoft" devs had a list of games. At least one of those games was compatible. Not bootable, not NOT_Compatible - but compatible. Not that list is and the article is deleted.

The reason it was deleted? Most likely the reason up above.

It also explains the issue with the thread title. "PS5 back compat may not be as complete as I first thought".

If the above tweet is true - (And it's easy to check) that means all those games ARE at least bootable if not compatible.

Ducks have feathers. Chickens have feathers. Whether something is "bootable" or "compatible" neithier are NOT_COMPATIBLE.

The fact that we've replied to each other over the confusion about what games are bootable and compatible etc shows that a discussion can definitely be had about this topic.

Anyway I think its sus that Sony hasnt cleared up what are bootable games this close to launch while MS jas been very transparent with us.