By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 back compat may not be as complete as I first thought

Yikes at this thread. People are more focused on nit picking parts of the OP than actually giving their thoughts on the PS5 bc concerns.

Around the Network

And now Ubisoft just removed the post citing “inaccuracies” regarding BC with those titles mentioned!

Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:
Yikes at this thread. People are more focused on nit picking parts of the OP than actually giving their thoughts on the PS5 bc concerns.

Concerns based on what? I know of two sources.

A) a deleted article and B) data mining a PS website.

There is no discussion to be had. We don't know what any of it means. What does "bootable" mean?

Sony didn't need to put out a list saying "BC is compatible with everything but these 10 games".

So clearly they know more than we do, and there are no actual sources that talk about it.

At most we have fearmongering based on 'what it'.

Come on man there's definitely a discussion to be had. Sony said 10 games wont be compatible with the PS5, Ubisoft put up an article saying some of their games wont be backward compatible but on the Sony site these games and some others are listed as bootable not compatible. Yeah ee need to learn more but there's definitely a discussion to be had its not fearmongering. 

shikamaru317 said:

For what it's worth, before the thread gets locked:

I don't go looking for negative Sony news just to make them look bad like some here seem to think, a friend on twitter linked me the Era thread about this and I thought it was newsworthy so I posted it. I actually own some of the games that are on the "may have errors" list and was personally disappointed that they might not be properly playable on my PS5. Was hoping to be able to sell my PS4 Pro or give it to a friend once I get my PS5, I won't be able to do that if there are games that I own and might want to play again that aren't backwards compatible.

It's kind of sad that as a multiplat gamer I'm not allowed to have concerns about PS5 without being attacked by Sony fans. I've had some concerns about Series X  as well, especially being disappointed by the fact that the controller is mostly the same as Xbox One's controller without any cool innovations like the haptics and triggers on PS5's controller, but I was never attacked by Xbox fans for expressing those opinions. 

Both Sony and Microsoft don't need help from the OP to make them look bad, they can do a pretty good job of that themselves.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Kind of interesting that we have a mod in this thread trying to basically hold the OP accountable to standards of actual journalism in regards to thread title, and contents of the OP. Literally never seen that before on this site, but I'm definitely making a mental note of it. Can't wait to see other threads of this nature subjected to similar scrutiny.

Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

Come on man there's definitely a discussion to be had. Sony said 10 games wont be compatible with the PS5, Ubisoft put up an article saying some of their games wont be backward compatible but on the Sony site these games and some others are listed as bootable not compatible. Yeah ee need to learn more but there's definitely a discussion to be had its not fearmongering. 

And then ubisoft deleted that article.

https://andshrew.github.io/supreme-enigma/

Using the games from that article you can see why. Look up "Assassin’s Creed® Chronicles: China" for example they all say "compatible".

Yet "Assassin’s Creed® Chronicles: Russia" is "bootable".

So what's the discussion to be had on that? That one will work but one won't work? That one will get a boost and one won't?

Aren't those games found under "Assassin's Creed Chronicles" Why is the trilogy bootable but not compatible?

There is no discussion without knowing what those words mean.

Rubbish. 

Half of the talk in these forums is to speculate about things that have yet to be released. We've been talking about Nintendo NX's, Xbox Scorpios and PS Prosperos for years. Not to mention sequels of games, tonnes of rumours are discussed daily.

There is obviously a difference between bootable and compatible. Who cares if we don't know exactly what it means. The words themselves allude to enough for discussion. 

Angelus said:
Kind of interesting that we have a mod in this thread trying to basically hold the OP accountable to standards of actual journalism in regards to thread title, and contents of the OP. Literally never seen that before on this site, but I'm definitely making a mental note of it. Can't wait to see other threads of this nature subjected to similar scrutiny.

Umm what are you on about? I have seen that plenty. Actually most close your topic or issue a warning after reminding you what you should've done.

Thing is, there is discussion to be had here, however OP likes to sensationalize (cuz console wars) and it's obvious as you can see by the replies.

For those saying that BC is not a big deal. Kudos to you for either having the space to keep everything hooked up or being able to tolerate moving shit around for the few games that you'd want to go back to.

I have a collection of over 1200 games. Physical games. Across NES to Switch and damn near every major release in between. My PC can play games that are 20 years old. The newest consoles from these Multi-billion dollar companies should be able to as well

Hiku said:
Angelus said:

Our basic forum rules are hardly standards of actual journalism.
I asked OP to fix the thread title, which we've done for a ton of thread titles.

4. THREAD CREATION

A) Thread Titles:

1. Need to accurately describe the subject content. 

And even did the homework for him and gave him a screenshot.
I also think it's understood that you should provide links or quotes when quoting an article or statement.

His thread title did accurately describe his topic, you just didn't care for it.

He found some info about games being described as not being backwards compatible on PS5, by Ubisoft. Games that weren't part of the Sony list of incompatible titles that had been released prior....and he made a thread about it. Just because he wasn't aware of all the context or nuances at the time he made the thread, doesn't mean he made a bad thread, or that it was poorly titled. Honestly, you're coming across as quite petty here.