By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Other Nintendo-third party collaborations you'd like to see

It really depends on whose director would be at the helm, but I see a StarFox game developed by Ubisoft in the same vein as Starlink as a project with great potential.

For decades now Star Fox needed a breath of fresh air, a completely new concept to reinvigorate the franchise, and I personally think Starlink had the right idea, just mediocre execution.

I do hope Nintendo revisits Star Fox.It is a franchise with huge potential for sucess.But it DOES need the budget to back it up.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

A developer that's good at real time strategy games make one based on the Eternal Darkness IP. I think some really cool stuff could be done there.

Also, Playtonic make a Donkey Kong Country game. Not sure how many Rare alumni they still have, but they showed they've got the chops with the latest Yooka Laylee game.

drbunnig said:

Also, Playtonic make a Donkey Kong Country game. Not sure how many Rare alumni they still have, but they showed they've got the chops with the latest Yooka Laylee game.

Dammit I was coming here to post just that! XD

Impossible Lair definitely shows they have the chops to make a great modern DKC and I'd love to see them given the chance too.

Oh, thought of another one; 2D Yoshi by Vanillaware (Muramasa/Dragon's Crown devs) with handpainted art style.

TBH Nintendo has so many dormant IPs that they could outsource to a 3rd party company, it is hard to pick just one collaboration that I would like to see. I am just going to go with SE for Super Mario RPG 2 and call it a day.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Lego Zelda - you heard it here first!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Before Lego Zelda I'd want to see Paper Zelda myself.

Though I like the idea of Ubisoft not just for a Star Link esc Star Fox game, but also a Shiekah focused game with the A.C trappings. Could be nifty I think.

The scale of the project is also a question to ask: They could put a lot less in to team with, say, Wayforward for a new Kid Icarus game that is a older style Metroidvania but with Uprising flavor and personality, than a Ubisoft colab effort, to get success.

Nintendo vs Capcom would be an option.

If there are ex Bioware devs with some footing maybe a M.E style RPG in the Metroid verse could work. It's style shift would probably have less problems than Federation Force. Of course only way that happens is if they join Retro...

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

From software X Eternal Darkness. Eternal Souls.

Darwinianevolution said:
Let the Shin'en Multimedia team make an F-Zero game.

This, but I would love to see Platinum/Grasshopper take over the non gameplay elements.

ironing_board said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Let the Shin'en Multimedia team make an F-Zero game.

This, but I would love to see Platinum/Grasshopper take over the non gameplay elements.

I actually feel the opposite, I'd love to see Shinen do all the graphics and another do the gameplay.

Not that Shinen are bad at gameplay, FAST Racing Neo/RMX plays very well, but there are other studios I think are better, whereas when it comes to graphics on Nintendo platforms few can compare.