By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Other Nintendo-third party collaborations you'd like to see

curl-6 said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

ubisoft fenxy/gods and monsters x kid icarus (this is way overdue).

I'm kinda surprised they didn't do this to be honest, in light of how they integrated Starfox into Starlink Battle for Atlas.

Previously I predicted they would based on that same logic. Until the graphics redesign came and the game looked less like a 10do game and more like fortnite :(

Around the Network

I want Ubisoft Toronto to do a new Star Fox game similar to Starlink.

Games I'd like to see:

A "Zelda Souls" game developed by From Software.
A 2D Metroid game developed by Artplay (makers of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night) or the guys who did the original Samus Returns fan project.
A 2D Mario game from the developers of Sonic Mania
A Punch Out!! game developed by Imagineer (Fitness Boxing).
An Advance Wars game developed by Chucklefish (Wargroove).

Oh, I remember something else. A Monster Hunter game in the world of Xenoblade with Xeno-monsters.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Games I'd like to see:

A "Zelda Souls" game developed by From Software.
A 2D Metroid game developed by Artplay (makers of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night) or the guys who did the original Samus Returns fan project.
A 2D Mario game from the developers of Sonic Mania
A Punch Out!! game developed by Imagineer (Fitness Boxing).
An Advance Wars game developed by Chucklefish (Wargroove).

Those sound like they'd be great! ^^ I was thinking maybe a 2D Metroid by WayForward, but I doubt WayForward could pull off something with a darker look and feel than Shantae.

Anyway, I'd also like to see a Diddy Kong Racing reboot by Sumo Digital (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed), a new Mario RPG by Square Enix, a Soul Calibur-esque Zelda fighting game by Bandai Namco, a new Earthbound by Atlus (Persona series), and a new Kid Icarus by Bandai Namco.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Anyway, I'd also like to see a Diddy Kong Racing reboot by Sumo Digital (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed)

Man, that sounds awesome, I can't believe I didn't think of it! Good call.

I wouldn't mind seeing them take on F-Zero either.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Mnementh said:
Oh, I remember something else. A Monster Hunter game in the world of Xenoblade with Xeno-monsters.

Maybe not a full game, but a couple of guest monsters from the XB universe would absolutely hit the mark. MH World had a guest monster from Final Fantasy, Behemoth, so the precedent has been set.

Heck, since it would be non-canon, it could be Capcom's way of introducing mechanical monsters, and futuristic weapons and armor into the game without throwing the lore off.

burninmylight said:
Mnementh said:

Maybe not a full game, but a couple of guest monsters from the XB universe would absolutely hit the mark. MH World had a guest monster from Final Fantasy, Behemoth, so the precedent has been set.

Heck, since it would be non-canon, it could be Capcom's way of introducing mechanical monsters, and futuristic weapons and armor into the game without throwing the lore off.

MH World also had a guest appearance from the Leshen from Witcher 3, so there is multiple precedents.

I can see a Telethia fitting well into the world of Monster Hunter Rise.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Anyway, I'd also like to see a Diddy Kong Racing reboot by Sumo Digital (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed)

But for that they'd have to prove they can do a futuristic racing game. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed already proves they can do Diddy Kong Racing (and since they're a UK dev they have access to David Wise, the original composer).

I wish I knew which third-party devs out there were qualified to bring back Custom Robo, Chibi-Robo, and the NES light gun games. They've been stuck with being just single generation games for years now. -_-

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

But for that they'd have to prove they can do a futuristic racing game. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed already proves they can do Diddy Kong Racing (and since they're a UK dev they have access to David Wise, the original composer).

I wish I knew which third-party devs out there were qualified to bring back Custom Robo, Chibi-Robo, and the NES light gun games. They've been stuck with being just single generation games for years now. -_-

While they'd probably be a better fit for Diddy Kong, I'd have faith in them to do F-Zero justice; they may not have done a futuristic racer before but they clearly understand what it is that makes an arcadey racing game fun.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 November 2020