By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Other Nintendo-third party collaborations you'd like to see

CaptainExplosion said:

Anyway, I'd also like to see a Diddy Kong Racing reboot by Sumo Digital (Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed)

Man, that sounds awesome, I can't believe I didn't think of it! Good call.

I wouldn't mind seeing them take on F-Zero either.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Oh, I remember something else. A Monster Hunter game in the world of Xenoblade with Xeno-monsters.

Maybe not a full game, but a couple of guest monsters from the XB universe would absolutely hit the mark. MH World had a guest monster from Final Fantasy, Behemoth, so the precedent has been set.

Heck, since it would be non-canon, it could be Capcom's way of introducing mechanical monsters, and futuristic weapons and armor into the game without throwing the lore off.

burninmylight said:
Mnementh said:
Oh, I remember something else. A Monster Hunter game in the world of Xenoblade with Xeno-monsters.

Maybe not a full game, but a couple of guest monsters from the XB universe would absolutely hit the mark. MH World had a guest monster from Final Fantasy, Behemoth, so the precedent has been set.

Heck, since it would be non-canon, it could be Capcom's way of introducing mechanical monsters, and futuristic weapons and armor into the game without throwing the lore off.

MH World also had a guest appearance from the Leshen from Witcher 3, so there is multiple precedents.

I can see a Telethia fitting well into the world of Monster Hunter Rise.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Man, that sounds awesome, I can't believe I didn't think of it! Good call.

I wouldn't mind seeing them take on F-Zero either.

But for that they'd have to prove they can do a futuristic racing game. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed already proves they can do Diddy Kong Racing (and since they're a UK dev they have access to David Wise, the original composer).

I wish I knew which third-party devs out there were qualified to bring back Custom Robo, Chibi-Robo, and the NES light gun games. They've been stuck with being just single generation games for years now. -_-

While they'd probably be a better fit for Diddy Kong, I'd have faith in them to do F-Zero justice; they may not have done a futuristic racer before but they clearly understand what it is that makes an arcadey racing game fun.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 November 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Nintendo + Sega: A Shining Force vs Fire Emblem strategy game

A Nintendo vs Capcom title

Also, a new Itadaki Street on the Switch. It's been almost 10 years now.

That reminds me that I would love a remaster of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars.  I dont think it got enough love on the Wii.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Nintendo + Sega: A Shining Force vs Fire Emblem strategy game

A Nintendo vs Capcom title

Also, a new Itadaki Street on the Switch. It's been almost 10 years now.

That reminds me that I would love a remaster of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars.  I dont think it got enough love on the Wii.

Love that game. But I doubt they're going to make the effort again to get all the IP holders outside of Japan into the boat again, so that game would probably be Japan-only this time around.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
V-r0cK said:

Love that game. But I doubt they're going to make the effort again to get all the IP holders outside of Japan into the boat again, so that game would probably be Japan-only this time around.

I was thinking about that game last night. It would probably  be a bigger licensing nightmare than GoldenEye 64 at this point, and it was honestly a miracle that we ever got the game in the West at all.

However, if they did remake or re-release it as "Japan-only", all they'd have to do is throw in different language options for all menus so us Westerners could get it with our Japanese eShop accounts. The Wii games only feature Japanese voice tracks and didn't even bother to subtitle them for other languages.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

While they'd probably be a better fit for Diddy Kong, I'd have faith in them to do F-Zero justice; they may not have done a futuristic racer before but they clearly understand what it is that makes an arcadey racing game fun.

Indeed they do, Team Sonic Racing notwithstanding (Fuck you, whoever chose to replace Cream the Rabbit with a bunch of Chao).

I'd like to see another Wario game in the style of WarioWorld, but I don't know what's become of Treasure as of late, or who else can do a game like it.

While not up to the bar set by the first two Sonic Racing games, I still thought Team Sonic Racing was a good game, just nothing really special.

Fatal Frame 6, since Nintendo and Tecmo Koei both own a share of the IP.

A surreal collaboration just crossed my mind and now I need it to exist, even if just for the laughs: Nintendo ft. Microsoft ft. Sony. The result? Minecraft Labo: The Last of Toy-Cons, a cardboard kit of blocky guns that would include a game settled in a post-apocalyptic blocky world with Ellie and Alex as main characters.

The funny part is that a real Labo kit based on Minecraft wouldn't be 100% impossible (only 99.9% or so) and might actually have a bigger audience than the previous kits.

[Edit]
Not mixed with The Last of Us, obviously, but I really think Minecraft Labo would be a very good concept.

Last edited by Verter - on 07 November 2020

I'm mostly a lurker now.