By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's Q2 FY results: 113,6m PS4s Sold, 45,9m+ PS Plus subcriptions as of September 30th, 2020. 107m+ Active monthly users.

Q2: July 1st, 2020 - Sept, 30, 2020.

Highlights:

113.6 Million PS4's sold as of Sept 30, 2020. Previous number disclosed known 112.1 Million as of 06/30/2020.

12.4 Million units of PlayStation First-Party Software sold in Q2

Q2 Revenue/profit: 4.77 Billion/$0.988 Billion USD. (% YoY growth in profit).

45.9 Million PS Plus Subscribers. 107 Million Monthly Active users.

Increase of .9 million subscribers to PS Plus over Q1 FY 2020. Drop in MAU of 7 million compared to Q1 FY 2020.

Digital software ratio is 59% for Q2. It drops from a high of 74% during Q1 FY 2020.

80.9 million games sold-in during Q2 FY20. This is M per day.

Source:
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/archive.html

Previous Quarter (Q1 FY 2020):
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/112-3-million-ps4s-sold-45-million-ps-plus-subscribers-as-of-june-2020-tlouii-and-ghost-of-tsushima-selling-well.1559595/

All credit to Codename: Classified (neogaf)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 28 October 2020

Around the Network

Going by Hardware Weekly numbers (on here), and were the PS4 was at september 30th, PS4 might be undertracked by like 100k.

Also nice on Sony to make a billion in pure profits this Q2.

Is there any forecast for the PS4 FY2020? I saw a few mentioning 9 million units but checked their reports and nothing.

It’s insane the number of games PS4 is selling, 91.6 millions previous quarter and 80.9 this quarter.

Which console/handheld holds the record for the most software sold in a Fiscal Year??

PS4 HW following my trajectory, any sale past 120m will be a struggle.

The SW on the other hand is quite high, the profits will sustain the PS5 until it stabilizes.

Yeah 91,6m last quarter, and 80.9m this quarter.... Playstation basically selling a million games a day.

Most software sold in a fiscal year? hmmm.
Im not sure, but PS4 probably has to be in contention right?

Its had 4 years with fiscal year results of game sales being over 200m.
In FY 2019 it was 244,9m (I think I read that was like the 3rd or 4th highest in history?)

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Going by Hardware Weekly numbers (on here), and were the PS4 was at september 30th, PS4 might be undertracked by like 100k.

Also nice on Sony to make a billion in pure profits this Q2.

More likely to be overtracked. Based on what you're saying they shipped 1,5 mil in the last quarter and Vgchartz has them selling around 1,85 mil in the same timeframe. The difference between shipped and sold was already pretty small at the last quarterly report so that doesn't seem believable to me.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

1/2 of those games purchases are me.....or it seems like it.
Keep on buying during the deals/sales but never get round to playing them all.

Farsala said:

The SW on the other hand is quite high, the profits will sustain the PS5 until it stabilizes.

PS4 has sold ~7,8m so far this year, and the holidays are comeing up.
Its sitting at ~114m units sold.

How much will the PS4 do in the holidays? enough to push it up around 118-119m?
How much of sales will instead go to the PS5?

Whats intresting will be how it sells next year (2021), when the PS5 has already launched.
Will it still be able to do 10m+ next year? They need to price drop the PS4 slim & Pro.... if thats to happend imo.
Still 130m+ is still basically set in stone imo (for the lifetime sales of the PS4).

Yeah qauterly Profits of $1bn leading upto a launch of a new console, is never a bad thing.

JRPGfan said:
Farsala said:

PS4 has sold ~7,8m so far this year, and the holidays are comeing up.
Its sitting at ~114m units sold.

How much will the PS4 do in the holidays? enough to push it up around 118-119m?
How much of sales will instead go to the PS5?

Whats intresting will be how it sells next year (2021), when the PS5 has already launched.
Will it still be able to do 10m+ next year? They need to price drop the PS4 slim & Pro.... if thats to happend imo.
Still 130m+ is still basically set in stone imo (for the lifetime sales of the PS4).

Yeah qauterly Profits of $1bn leading upto a launch of a new console, is never a bad thing.

Was about to comment that your suggestion that it could maybe hit 120 mil this holiday was very far fetched but seems you agreed with that yourself and edited it. Sales in the future really depends on Sony. If they keep shipping enough of them it could probably hit 130 mil, but there's no gurantee they will. Seems they might instead be focusing on shipping as many PS5s as possible early on.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

It'd be nice if Microsoft tells the public how many paid monthly memberships they have so we can compare them. But nope.