By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "Nintendo should get rid of the Switch console and have only the Lite"

For sale of discussion, let's just say that Pachter is right that handheld mode is significantly more popular. In that case, the right move would be to remove the dock from the hybrid unit's package, reduce the price by $50 (or whatever the magic number is), and only sell docks separately. In fact, even if it's not correct that most people play handheld, it could still make sense to strip out the dock.

Around the Network
GProgrammer said:
http://nintendotoday.com/michael-pather-predicts-the-switch-will-be-sold-out-for-months-after-lanch/

"Game industry analyst Michael Pachter, who never shies away from criticizing Nintendo (or any other game company), made a few predictions for 2017. One of them is that he thinks the Nintendo Switch will be successful and that it will be sold out for months after release. "

Best example of the excellent adage:

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

The internet should get rid of Michael Pachter.

mutantsushi said:
JWeinCom said:
I think we have to just stop paying this dude any mind.

I agree, just saying that isn't enough. He is reposted as much as he is because he WORKS as clickbait.
Supposedly Mod staff wants to increase quality and engagement,
well Pachter clickbait is not how to that the good way, and I doubt it the bad way even works in long term,
since it is just wallowing in the bottom of the barrel muck along with everyother clickbait scam site out there.

If VGChartz cannot do the right thing and ban him from articles and thread topics,
Maybe we ourselves can do the right thing... And just not ever click those articles are participate in threads.
I will repost this message in the next 4 Pachter stories/threads I see, but after that NOTHING.
He isn't worth the oxygen he breathes, he isn't worth the time to laugh at what a piece of shit he is.

COMMIT TO THE NO PACHTER PROMISE

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. There's not much that unites us here on VGC with everyone having their preferences. What Pachter brings is unity, he brings the site together with everyone agreeing he's terrible at his job.

Signature goes here!

Can't even say he is troll anymore, just plain dumb.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
mutantsushi said:

I agree, just saying that isn't enough. He is reposted as much as he is because he WORKS as clickbait.
Supposedly Mod staff wants to increase quality and engagement,
well Pachter clickbait is not how to that the good way, and I doubt it the bad way even works in long term,
since it is just wallowing in the bottom of the barrel muck along with everyother clickbait scam site out there.

If VGChartz cannot do the right thing and ban him from articles and thread topics,
Maybe we ourselves can do the right thing... And just not ever click those articles are participate in threads.
I will repost this message in the next 4 Pachter stories/threads I see, but after that NOTHING.
He isn't worth the oxygen he breathes, he isn't worth the time to laugh at what a piece of shit he is.

COMMIT TO THE NO PACHTER PROMISE

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. There's not much that unites us here on VGC with everyone having their preferences. What Pachter brings is unity, he brings the site together with everyone agreeing he's terrible at his job.

Unity

The good 'ole vgchartz kind!

VAMatt said:

For sale of discussion, let's just say that Pachter is right that handheld mode is significantly more popular. In that case, the right move would be to remove the dock from the hybrid unit's package, reduce the price by $50 (or whatever the magic number is), and only sell docks separately. In fact, even if it's not correct that most people play handheld, it could still make sense to strip out the dock.

Except, he's not.  He said "maybe 20% of Switch owners play both modes", which is wildly off the mark according to Nintendo's own data:

The fact that the original Switch model consistently sells out in stores at $100 higher price point than the handheld only Lite model, proves that the hybrid features of the Switch are inherently the most desirable assets of the console.  In any other scenario, you would see the much cheaper Lite sell out first, and then people say "well, only the more expensive hybrid model is available, I guess I'm stuck buying that one."  Well, in reality, there are people out there saying, "damn, all the original models of Switch are sold out.  I guess I either have to buy one at an inflated price from a scalper or settle for the version that I can't use as a home console."

I've always thought of Pachter as a clumsy analyst with bad instincts, but with these recent prognostications and recommendations I now think he's far more insidious: either a professional troll or shill.

VAMatt said:

It's not. It's practically even. The undocked  mode have two: the standalone portable and the tabletop.

Discontinue the version that sells more?

WHAT?! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261