By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "Nintendo should get rid of the Switch console and have only the Lite"

JWeinCom said:
I think we have to just stop paying this dude any mind.

I agree, just saying that isn't enough. He is reposted as much as he is because he WORKS as clickbait.
Supposedly Mod staff wants to increase quality and engagement,
well Pachter clickbait is not how to that the good way, and I doubt it the bad way even works in long term,
since it is just wallowing in the bottom of the barrel muck along with everyother clickbait scam site out there.

If VGChartz cannot do the right thing and ban him from articles and thread topics,
Maybe we ourselves can do the right thing... And just not ever click those articles are participate in threads.
I will repost this message in the next 4 Pachter stories/threads I see, but after that NOTHING.
He isn't worth the oxygen he breathes, he isn't worth the time to laugh at what a piece of shit he is.

COMMIT TO THE NO PACHTER PROMISE

Around the Network

This is literally the dumbest video game related thing I've heard in a long time. How can you be a paid analyst in the industry and be this out of touch with the industry??

The field of business analysis needs a "clown" like Patcher. For our mental health, we need jokes in the time of COVID-19 pandemic.

mutantsushi said:
JWeinCom said:
I think we have to just stop paying this dude any mind.

I agree, just saying that isn't enough. He is reposted as much as he is because he WORKS as clickbait.
Supposedly Mod staff wants to increase quality and engagement,
well Pachter clickbait is not how to that the good way, and I doubt it the bad way even works in long term,
since it is just wallowing in the bottom of the barrel muck along with everyother clickbait scam site out there.

If VGChartz cannot do the right thing and ban him from articles and thread topics,
Maybe we ourselves can do the right thing... And just not ever click those articles are participate in threads.
I will repost this message in the next 4 Pachter stories/threads I see, but after that NOTHING.
He isn't worth the oxygen he breathes, he isn't worth the time to laugh at what a piece of shit he is.

COMMIT TO THE NO PACHTER PROMISE

Well, mods have no control over articles that are posted. Completely outside of our purview. 

As for threads, that's not entirely our call either. There are rules on topic creation, and we interpret those rules as best we can. We want better quality and engagement, but we can't do that by shutting down any topic we don't like. That would cause more harm than good.  

The Lite is too small, I'd never trade it for the regular Switch, which is perfect as it is.

Around the Network

I think he's trying to make up a new crazy statement after that Japanese counterpart of his suggested Nintendo should buy Roblox for more than Microsoft bought Bethesda.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Now I understand why he's called an analyst... it's because he's pulling his things straight out of his ass.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 22 October 2020

Once a troll always a troll

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Now I understand why he's called an analyst... it's because he's pulling his things straight out of his ass.

Not bad, not bad. 

Firstly, does he not know that handhelds are consoles? So he said it's a "console" than can go back and forth between "console" and "console"? No, it just stays a console 100% of the time, there's no back and forth. It can be used as a home console or a handheld console, but either way it's still a console!

Secondly, I'd assume the regular model sells better than the lite. At least it is in Japan (by a large margin) based on the Famitsu sales we get. And if it is here then surely it is elsewhere too. Why on earth would you discontinue the model that sells the most? That's like a whole new level of idiocy. It'd be like suggesting Apple should discontinue iPhones and exclusively sell iPods instead.