By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "Nintendo should get rid of the Switch console and have only the Lite"

Ka-pi96 said:
Agente42 said:

Amazon (only 4 for third seller)

Yodobashi ( Suspend sales)

A tiny 3rd party seller on Amazon only having 4 means nothing at all. Why would somebody that small have more than that in the first place?

Yodobashi is interesting. I wonder if it'd be the same in store, or if they still have some on shelves, just not enough to also deal with nationwide internet orders.

That price listed on Yodobashi is interesting too, if that's accurate then... I may have bought a scalped console :O

and biccamera and Yamada Denki

The only way to buy in Amazon web store is by third sellers and scalpers 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Agente42 said:

Amazon (only 4 for third seller)

Yodobashi ( Suspend sales)

A tiny 3rd party seller on Amazon only having 4 means nothing at all. Why would somebody that small have more than that in the first place?

Yodobashi is interesting. I wonder if it'd be the same in store, or if they still have some on shelves, just not enough to also deal with nationwide internet orders.

That price listed on Yodobashi is interesting too, if that's accurate then... I may have bought a scalped console :O

Famitsu numbers for last week show a drop off from the week before. That shows there are shortages.

Man Patcher has been a continuous source of WTFism through the years, i don't know what does one study to become "analyst" but the ones in some journals, newspapers and other traditional media just make bad predictions one after another; well as for the the switch being lite or hybrid there are people like me that wanted the portability since the Wii-U and for some of us that was one of the many reasons it failed, the wireless tablet control wasn't that bad of an idea but the ability to take the game in portable mode mode farther than 10 metres was what would really have made the control more than just a simple curiosity/oddity. In other thread i mentioned that my brother bought his kid a switch now that he considers that he can play videogames, my brother and his wife divorced but they are in good terms, so my nephew used to spend half the week with my brother using the switch in portable mode and half the other week with his mother in docked mode in a bigger television, when he came to visit he would carry the switch in his bag so he can play against me in smash, so yeah being a hybrid is a plus, a benefit for some of us.

foxmccloud64 said:

Man Patcher has been a continuous source of WTFism through the years, i don't know what does one study to become "analyst" but the ones in some journals, newspapers and other traditional media just make bad predictions one after another; well as for the the switch being lite or hybrid there are people like me that wanted the portability since the Wii-U and for some of us that was one of the many reasons it failed, the wireless tablet control wasn't that bad of an idea but the ability to take the game in portable mode mode farther than 10 metres was what would really have made the control more than just a simple curiosity/oddity. In other thread i mentioned that my brother bought his kid a switch now that he considers that he can play videogames, my brother and his wife divorced but they are in good terms, so my nephew used to spend half the week with my brother using the switch in portable mode and half the other week with his mother in docked mode in a bigger television, when he came to visit he would carry the switch in his bag so he can play against me in smash, so yeah being a hybrid is a plus, a benefit for some of us.

Options are always a plus.

I know this has been said a lot of times before, but how is he still in the industry? Any armchair analyst would do a better work just by looking at sales numbers.

Around the Network

That statement by Patcher is probably the dumbest and worst "analysis" I have ever seen of the video game industry. He literally said to take the thing that made Switch a behemoth and get rid of it! That'd be like telling Sony to stop letting so many AAA third party action games on their systems haha. If you want to know how to destroy a video game company, just ask Patcher's advice lol

Cobretti2 said:

The guy is a waste of space. Can't believe he still has a job.

derpysquirtle64 said:

I know this has been said a lot of times before, but how is he still in the industry? Any armchair analyst would do a better work just by looking at sales numbers.

I have my theory, he actually is a good analyst, but only for those that pay him.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9234445

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Switch Lite is great for kids or people that want a second, more portable friendly Switch. But Switch regular all the way for me. I can fit a Switch in my adult, men's pants whenever I need to and I probably am 50% on the big screen and 50% portable so it's delightful to me.

I'm pretty sure patcher has said nintendo should stick to handhelds and just exit home consoles before, so this would be in line with his past bad ideas at least.

Personally, 9 times out of 10, I'm using my switch docked.

4 ≈ One

Man all i can on Pachter i can't stand the guy infuriating me for years.