By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stadia Creative Director- Streamers should pay to license games they stream

mZuzek said:
shikamaru317 said:

Holy shit.

Holy fuck, is he seriously for real?.

Why hasn't twitter banned his stupid ass already?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
kirby007 said:
technically he has a point, its not like you can watch every TV show while streaming. But in practice its a very simplistic view of what streaming is, leeching content

Agreed exactly my thought.  Those that were doing live reactions of Game of Throne episodes couldn't show the episode in the video, try to do a reaction to a whole album and it will get taken down if you play all of the songs.  I've seen plenty of people say they weren't going to buy The Last of us 2 because it's woke, but will watch someone play the game for free on twitch.  Now I don't particularly care what other do, but he does have a point.

Not comparable AT ALL.

Movies and Music are non-interactive, therefore it doesn't matter where you would see them. It's always the exact same movie and music.

Games ARE interactive and therefore every playthrough is unique. Out of the trillions of Minecraft sessions, there is not one that is identical to another. Even for linear games as there exist different difficulty options and skill levels.

shikamaru317 said:

He needs to learn the heart of the game

He isn't technically wrong. But then there is hoping this tweet will help Stadia die faster... not to forget Google Play just died so the list keep increasing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Okay, I'm beginning to see why Stadia was DOA now. What an absolute tool. Gigantic tech and software companies don't have any default insight into new branches of the market or different markets in similar categories, it's painstakingly obvious that Google is very out of touch with the modern gaming industry. If these notions are shared by others with influential positions within Google, it could also explain the horrible witch hunt for gamers on youtube. Holy hell, that is an absolute assload of dumb right there.

Around the Network

What an absolute moron. That's like saying television networks should pay companies to broadcast their commercials.

sales2099 said:
foodfather said:
I still don't understand how lets plays are a thing.

I don’t watch them, but the idea is to replicate the feeling of being over a friends house playing a game on the TV. The commentary by the streamer and the comments of the viewership simulate a sense of togetherness and unrehearsed emotions, just like the real thing.

Personally I see it as a waste of time but I get the appeal. 

OK that part I can maybe, MAYBE understand. But I still don't get it. There seems to be hundreds of streamers as well. I always wonder what percentage of the viewers actually play the game they are watching. 

Machina said:
Ergh.

That sums up pretty much what I was thinking

Well, he is obviously high and needs his twitter license revoked.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

notch what a lad, i knew i liked him for some reason

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.