By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stadia Creative Director- Streamers should pay to license games they stream

As if publishers really needed more revenue streams...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Because Stadia didn’t have enough negative momentum all ready lol.

Just goes to show how little Google knows about the gaming industry. You never openly piss off gamers and especially gaming influencers.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

“The real truth”...
If it’s not real, it can hardly be the truth. But I guess this is the proper way to spell this out in the Trump presidency era.

The last linked tweet must have hurt:

“Kinda weird take for the Creative Director of Google Stadia to say. Minecraft, GTA V, Roblox, Among Us, to name a few: all those games got super big because they embraced creators/streamers, not the opposite.

Maybe this explains a lot about current state of Stadia.

I still don't understand how lets plays are a thing.

That's a pretty bad take and shows how clueless he is about streaming and the word-of-mouth effect you can get out of it.

Not that such of license would have a very noticeable effect on Stadia revenue anyway.

Around the Network

A semi-related factoid I've noticed recently:

I've started watching some Hololive streamers and I found it interesting how they always include a statement in the description when they stream a game, that the game is being streamed with permission from the game company. I was watching a stream earlier where one of the individuals was talking about how they were struggling with getting permission to stream Bloodborne so they wouldn't be playing it on stream any time soon. Hololive is a pretty big company so I can see why they would want to do everything by the book, but there does seem to be some precedent to specifically obtaining permissions before streaming games which I found a bit interesting.

*looks at collection* lol This guy and Stadia is a laughing stock. Owning games is best.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

technically he has a point, its not like you can watch every TV show while streaming. But in practice its a very simplistic view of what streaming is, leeching content

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Google should rather pay me a license so I'd touch stadia with more than just a 10-foot pole, not the other way around.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 22 October 2020

Ha, should be the other way around.