By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light for Switch, first time in English

Hmm, hard pass.

Around the Network

The physical CE set itself is very nice, the software however is... Why only one game? Why the NES version? Seems like a really poorly thought out anniversary release from that perspective.

I would buy it if they released a physical version of it.

What a lame way to celebrate an anniversary.

What's the difference between this version and the DS version?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Seems like this should just be added to the NES playable games with the membership. Why sell this one NES game for 6 bucks?

That makes me less excited. When I saw the announcement, I thought it would be included with the online membership.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

As a retro gamer, I definitely want the physical game pak. I have been really looking forward to Nintendo finally going this route. Hopefully, the physical media release is successful because I would love to see Fire Emblem 64 and Earthbound 64 eventually get this same treatment. These are both unreleased fan favourites that probably wouldn't take a lot of development time to finish.  Also, Final Fantasy 64 would be awesome to see released especially since cartridge sizes are no longer an issue and N64 carts can easily hold GB of data today with only a bit of modding.

Illusion said:

As a retro gamer, I definitely want the physical game pak. I have been really looking forward to Nintendo finally going this route. Hopefully, the physical media release is successful because I would love to see Fire Emblem 64 and Earthbound 64 eventually get this same treatment. These are both unreleased fan favourites that probably wouldn't take a lot of development time to finish.  Also, Final Fantasy 64 would be awesome to see released especially since cartridge sizes are no longer an issue and N64 carts can easily hold GB of data today with only a bit of modding.

Its not a physical release. The NES cart is just for show. The game is a download code that comes with the package.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
What's the difference between this version and the DS version?

One had effort put into it. 

For a second I thought they shadow announced a brand new FE game coming out in December lol.