By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer On Bethesda Deal, Series X/S Launch, And More

dunno seems like its time to quote famous dex

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Here is Jeff explaining why MS goal with buying Bethesda isn't about recouping the money as quickly as possible. 

jardesonbarbosa said:
I thought everyone had good PCs, rendering Xbox completely useless. Why does everyone care if PS have Bethesda games? Can't they just play or their high-end PCs?

Imagine both consoles cost 499€.
Imagine the argument about exclusives goes like: "I only have to buy a 1,200€ Gaming PC to play your exclusives. But you have to buy my 499€ console. So I win."

Seems illogical? It is.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Who could have seen Don entering the thread complaining about people rationalizing PR that Papa Phil puts out but later in the thread breaking down Sony PR in that exact same way he claims to dislike. What a twist.

for the past 3 years all I've heard was I don't need an Xbox I can just play their games on PC. Is this not applicable anymore because of the Zenimax purchase? Bethesda games will also be on PC I don't understand the 180 change in stance all of a sudden.

Around the Network

To be expected.

Not a big loss for me. The only games I bought from Zenimax this generation were Fallout 4 and Doom. Its not like Bethesda is going to be dropping Starfield and TES6 in the same generation lol.

PotentHerbs said:
To be expected.

Not a big loss for me. The only games I bought from Zenimax this generation were Fallout 4 and Doom. Its not like Bethesda is going to be dropping Starfield and TES6 in the same generation lol.

They'll ship Starfield and TES6, they just won't make a new Fallout this gen.

Angelus said:
PotentHerbs said:
To be expected.

That seems optimistic with how long development is nowadays. The only notable release Bethesda had this generation was Fallout 4. 

PotentHerbs said:
Angelus said:

That seems optimistic with how long development is nowadays. The only notable release Bethesda had this generation was Fallout 4. 

Well, if, over the course of the next 7 years or so, they don't manage to ship 2 games that they announced well over 2 years before this next gen even started, then that will be incredibly embarrassing on their part. 

Angelus said:
PotentHerbs said:

Well, if, over the course of the next 7 years or so, they don't manage to ship 2 games that they announced well over 2 years before this next gen even started, then that will be incredibly embarrassing on their part. 

I wouldn't say its embarrassing, its just the reality of game development nowadays, especially for ambitious open world titles.

Just look at Rockstar with GTAV & RDR2.