By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Old Games I want to see on the Switch

I know I already said every Zelda game in general in my first post... But I wanted to give extra attention to Four Swords Adventures! That would be perfect on Switch. It is actually an overlooked gem. One of my favourite games ever!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Skies of Arcadia for sure! Fantastic game and perfect for the Switch! Never did find all the crew members for my ship...

I think Rune Factory Frontier is the only game in the series that's particularly enjoyable (the rest lean too heavily into small dungeons, and the farming became more and more superfluous as the series went on). Agreed with needing to redo the Runey system, but other than that I think the game had a nice balance!

Some Dreamcast games, like Crazy Taxi (hopefully with the original soundtrack this time around) and SEGAGAGA
Oh, And Sega Rally Championship, Daytona, and all the other racing games from the Saturn.

Nightdive Studios supposedly have the rights to re-release Powerslave, so I hope that might come out somewhere down the line. That and some other old school shooters, like Quake, Heretic, Hexen etc.

An old school Tomb Raider collection (the Core era) would be ace. Actually, the Crystal Dynamics trilogy would be cool too.

Space Station Silicon Valley would be a welcome addition too.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
I think Rune Factory Frontier is the only game in the series that's particularly enjoyable (the rest lean too heavily into small dungeons, and the farming became more and more superfluous as the series went on). Agreed with needing to redo the Runey system, but other than that I think the game had a nice balance!

It captured a different sort of feeling than the others - and I’ve played all of them. I think the only game I’ve played that really captured the same sort of spirit as Rune Factory Frontier is Stardew Valley.

Although, I played Stardew Valley and Rune Factory Frontier each for over 100 hours (probably a lot more than that) which is each more than double the combined 60-80 hours or so I played of the other games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I really really would like to see Lufia 2 remade or ported from the SNES in the same vein as Links Awakening Remake.
Personally I think it's one of the best RPG's on the system... And came out in 1996 so visually had some good effects going for a SNES game, especially near the end game.

S.Peelman said:

Kind of not the point of this thread but I’d love a reimagined Ocarina of Time. Yeah I know its not very original to ask for that and it’s also a bit blasphemous, at least I should think so, but a remake inspired by what they did with Final Fantasy VII (though of course I’d still want it to remain a single, complete game) would surely turn some heads.

Many Nintendo 64 games like Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Starfox etc' got "enhanced" for the 3DS... Which could drop on the Switch and be pushed to higher resolutions to allow the newer 3DS assets to really pop.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Terrariums was the spiritual successor to legend of gaia wasnt it, and I believe never was released in English. I'm curious to play this game as I was a big fan of legend of gala back in the day.