By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
 

Did you call it a shmup?

It's shoot em up not shmup 9 40.91%
 
It's not bullet hell it's bullet heaven! 2 9.09%
 
Bang bang pull my bullet trigger! 11 50.00%
 
Total:22

I like them as long as they aren't Bullet Hell, which I dispise. But that doesn't mean I'm very good at them. I was much better as a kid, but nowadays, I'd have a pretty hard time making it through stage 1 in most games.

My favorite series, Parodious, is also not exactly easy in that regard...



Around the Network

IMO the best system for Smups is the Genesis/Megadrive.

MUSHA
Eliminate Down
Thunder Force II
Thunder Force III
Thunder Force IV
Greylancer
Elemental Master
Giaares
Fire Shark
Steel Battalion
Truxton

Get a Mega SG system so you can play Genesis/Megadrive games natively in 1080p, 60 FPS, with vastly improved sound quality (thanks to sound no longer being compressed by a coaxial cable, like the original Genesis/Megadrive).

Also a bunch of great run n' gun games on Genesis/Megadrive as well...

GunStar Heroes
Contra Hard Corps
Vectorman
Vectorman II
Ranger X
Alien Soldier



Loved Gradius/Life Force. Would like a new one but unfortunately Konami doesn't make games anymore lol



Either you'll find this easy or hard ? Gameplay of my dodging so much objects until the 4th stage I finally was caught , Theres 5 stage total and I never used a continue , I had too many lives.



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

V-r0cK said:
Loved Gradius/Life Force. Would like a new one but unfortunately Konami doesn't make games anymore lol

Oh right, Gradius! I love Gradius, thanks for the reminder!



Around the Network

Since Starfox counts in this thread. I'm playing Panzer Dragoon Zwei on Saturn atm. This is so much better than the first...except in music. The first game is MILES ahead of this game in that department.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Since Starfox counts in this thread. I'm playing Panzer Dragoon Zwei on Saturn atm. This is so much better than the first...except in music. The first game is MILES ahead of this game in that department.

Yeah Panzer Dragoon 1 , Zwei, and Orta are all fantastic. They deserve a lot more recognition than they get.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Nintendo Fans I recommend you guys getting this shmup number 1.Start at 1:09 mark of video those flashy side panels scores look nice

Also get this lightning fighters for switch those weapons like dragon special etc are great. That's 2 games recommended

I recommend jamestown its a beast on PC might be beast on switch

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 03 October 2020

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

dx11332sega said:

Nintendo Fans I recommend you guys getting this shmup number 1.Start at 1:09 mark of video those flashy side panels scores look nice

Also get this lightning fighters for switch those weapons like dragon special etc are great. That's 2 games recommended

I recommend jamestown its a beast on PC might be beast on switch

Oh my gish, I can't believe what I just saw. Thank you so much for sharing this video, this is jawbreaking! Not only is the game itself wonderful, beautiful and absolutely amazing, but also the commentary is so rich and full of passion for the whole genre that I think that this might be one of the best insight videos I may have ever watched. My mind is blown, sir! I am envy of the player's skills and at the same time I appreciate the developers' love for detail and perfection. Thank you!



I do like some of them. Im just incredibly bad at them.