By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Did you call it a shmup?

It's shoot em up not shmup 9 40.91%

It's not bullet hell it's bullet heaven! 2 9.09%

Bang bang pull my bullet trigger! 11 50.00%

Total:22

Loved Gradius/Life Force. Would like a new one but unfortunately Konami doesn't make games anymore lol

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Loved Gradius/Life Force. Would like a new one but unfortunately Konami doesn't make games anymore lol

Oh right, Gradius! I love Gradius, thanks for the reminder!

Since Starfox counts in this thread. I'm playing Panzer Dragoon Zwei on Saturn atm. This is so much better than the first...except in music. The first game is MILES ahead of this game in that department.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Since Starfox counts in this thread. I'm playing Panzer Dragoon Zwei on Saturn atm. This is so much better than the first...except in music. The first game is MILES ahead of this game in that department.

Yeah Panzer Dragoon 1 , Zwei, and Orta are all fantastic. They deserve a lot more recognition than they get.

dx11332sega said:

Nintendo Fans I recommend you guys getting this shmup number 1.Start at 1:09 mark of video those flashy side panels scores look nice

Also get this lightning fighters for switch those weapons like dragon special etc are great. That's 2 games recommended

I recommend jamestown its a beast on PC might be beast on switch

Oh my gish, I can't believe what I just saw. Thank you so much for sharing this video, this is jawbreaking! Not only is the game itself wonderful, beautiful and absolutely amazing, but also the commentary is so rich and full of passion for the whole genre that I think that this might be one of the best insight videos I may have ever watched. My mind is blown, sir! I am envy of the player's skills and at the same time I appreciate the developers' love for detail and perfection. Thank you!

Around the Network

I do like some of them. Im just incredibly bad at them.

Is anyone getting the Ikaruga physical on Switch or PS4?

Leynos said:
Is anyone getting the Ikaruga physical on Switch or PS4?

I already have it digitally on Switch. That said, I would totally buy a standard Switch physical version. The collector's edition, however, is a little too rich for my blood.

If you love shmups, definitely pick up a Turbographx-16. Half of it's library are shmups

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

PsyVariar 2 playing it. I think it's much better than Delta on Switch. Giga Wing 2 is much more difficult than I remember. Handed me my ass until I got used to it.