It's shoot em up not shmup 9 40.91%

It's not bullet hell it's bullet heaven! 2 9.09%

Bang bang pull my bullet trigger! 11 50.00%

Total:22

Konami could release a remaster of Gradius V

Around the Network
Soren0079 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Velocity 2X is great! I really enjoyed RIVE as well. 

What was your favorite from the Psikyo collections?

Ah I love Gunbarich! I've never played a game that managed to mix those genres together so well before. It's truly unique.
Sol Divide is brilliant. I also love Strikers 1945 II and Samurai Aces. Oh and Dragon Blaze and well I like them all but yea it just makes me wish that company hadn't been bought out and shut down.

I really like Dragon Blaze :) That dismount mechanic is so cool.

I'm a shmup fan so, far I only have 1 shmup playthrough in my youtube.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

I mean it depends where you'd draw the line on what consitutes a shmup I guess.

Had a lotta good times with the likes of Super R-Type, R-Type III, Gradius III and Pop'n Twinbee on SNES, Ikaruga on Dreamcast.

Loved Sin & Punishement Star Successor on Wii if that counts? Also Starfox SNES and 64 if those qualify.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I think technically Starfox counts. I would not hold it against anyone who wants to count it. Some more hardcore people might scoff but I like Starfox. I was just playing some Zero Gunner 2 earlier today.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
I think technically Starfox counts. I would not hold it against anyone who wants to count it. Some more hardcore people might scoff but I like Starfox. I was just playing some Zero Gunner 2 earlier today.

Well, Starfox SNES and 64 are both in my top 20 games of all time. The genre as a whole tends to be a bit too difficult for me, but I have certainly greatly enjoyed some entries in it.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I like shmups, I just wish I was better at them. If Star Fox counts then that is my favorite series in the genre because these games are beginner friendly. However, I also have Ikaruga and R-Type Dimensions EX on the Switch. I liked Sin & Punishment Star Successor on the Wii and I remember playing Axelay and both R-Type games as well as Phalanx on the SNES.

I can never get past Stage 4 in Ikaruga. Just reaching it is already tough!

For those who play Shmups on the Switch. Do you own a flip grip to play in TATE?
https://www.fangamer.com/products/flip-grip

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Soren0079 said:

Ah I love Gunbarich! I've never played a game that managed to mix those genres together so well before. It's truly unique.
Sol Divide is brilliant. I also love Strikers 1945 II and Samurai Aces. Oh and Dragon Blaze and well I like them all but yea it just makes me wish that company hadn't been bought out and shut down.

I really like Dragon Blaze :) That dismount mechanic is so cool.

Ah yea it's such a clever mechanic. :)

I'm pretty sure it's spelled Trump, not Shump

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me