By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Did you call it a shmup?

It's shoot em up not shmup 9 40.91%

It's not bullet hell it's bullet heaven! 2 9.09%

Bang bang pull my bullet trigger! 11 50.00%

Total:22
dx11332sega said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I've never played that game, but the music is fantastic.

It is :) , It's a 20 dollar game.

I don't like danmaku games.But I really like the music, and I listen to it every day.

Around the Network

It's a great game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Does anyone have a clue what this game is?

https://streamable.com/uqn7hk

Honestly... I haven't play shmup games much... But one game I did enjoy and kept going back to was "Strike Gunner" on the Super Nintendo and local Arcade coffee table.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Hey all, I wanted to share this interview for the upcoming cute-em-up Cotton Fantasy: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/452775/cotton-fantasy-interview-developers-share-insight-on-new-cute-em-up/. I enjoyed Cotton Reboot! a lot, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Are there any open world Shmup games? Or are they all side scrolling/top down, linear games? Is that part of the genre is for them to be on rails?

SegaHeart said:
super_etecoon said:

Are there any open world Shmup games? Or are they all side scrolling/top down, linear games? Is that part of the genre is for them to be on rails?

The 3D shmups are called On Rails.

I suppose I should have put "On rails" in quotes.  I was using it as a blanket term to differentiate it from a map that you could move freely in a large space.  All the shmups I remember seem to take place on at most a screen width or length.

I do not consider myself a fan of shmups, but one game in the genre I always liked is Tyrian.

I like the generator system, the weapon shop and the story of this game. The graphics was great as well and I have some remixes on my playlist of music created for the game. 

It is old but still holds up well, and even better, it is free on GoG for anyone who wish to try it out. 

SegaHeart said:
super_etecoon said:

The 3D shmups are called On Rails.

Basically Lylat Wars/Star Fox.

Sadly, not a big genre that gets much of a look-in these days.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--