By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Did you call it a shmup?

It's shoot em up not shmup 9 40.91%

It's not bullet hell it's bullet heaven! 2 9.09%

Bang bang pull my bullet trigger! 11 50.00%

Total:22

I'm a huge Ikaruga fan so I suppose that counts.

Around the Network

I'm looking forward to Dariusburst: Another Chronicle EX+ next month! And Cotton Reboot!

Absoltuely.

Looking forward to Aleste Branch/Collection, Esp.ra.de, Ikusaba, Ubusuna, Cotton Reboot

I grew up on games like 1943 and MegaZone. Lately I’ve been playing Giga Wing on Capcom Arcade Stadium.

dx11332sega said:

Get this on your PS4 , It's me playing

I'm average in Horizontal Shmups.

Natsuki Chronicles is a good one! I love the accessibility features the developer added. This is a very approachable shoot em up for all skill levels.

Around the Network

Trailer for the Saturn compilation of Cotton games! Look sooooooo good. Very excited. I hate that it takes Shumps sooo fucking long to come west.

There was a game called "Strike Gunner STG" on the Super Nintendo that I absolutely loved when I was younger.

What made it even more amazing was that a few cafe's and shops around here also had the table-top arcade version to play while you drink your coffee... So I would go from playing it at home, to playing it while being social. Good time to be alive during the Arcade era.

And for me, I thought some of the mode 7 effects and music was pretty cool, especially in 5.1 surround.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Cotton Reboot is really good. Not often a cute em-up person but I do like Cotton and Gunbird.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Cotton Reboot is really good. Not often a cute em-up person but I do like Cotton and Gunbird.

Yeah, I was impressed by Cotton Reboot! It can get a little overwhelming, visually, but I loved the aesthetic and the tactical gameplay.

I wish SE would bring EInhander to modern systems

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!