By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 20 to 26 - Switch Sales Drop 100,000 Units Week-on-Week

PS4 now at 50% market share.

Around the Network
mk7sx said:

Top Years through 39 Weeks (VGC Data)

I want switch to cross 30mil so damn bad.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

BlackBeauty said:
Looks like the cliff is here.

Nintendo is dooomed, exactly as predicted in 1998.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Eagle367 said:
mk7sx said:

Top Years through 39 Weeks (VGC Data)

I want switch to cross 30mil so damn bad.

I hope it happens too.  But at least one thing that needs to happen is Nintendo needs to ship out enough systems for it to happen.

We've got two forces working against each other.  On the one hand this holiday line-up is not quite as strong as previous years for Switch.  On the other hand current demand for Switch is staggering.  There are massive shortages in several places and Switch would have actually sold more at this point if supply lines were better.  So is this second factor enough to push Switch to 30m, or is the first factor enough to hold it back?  We'll never know if Nintendo doesn't ship out enough to meet the market's demand.

And just like that, Switch sells over 2M units in 5 weeks

Around the Network
Marth said:
Switch 2020 has now already outsold Switch 2018. And we have another 3 months and the big shopping period still ahead.

Insane, especially considering how big a portion of Nintendo's annual sales come from the holidays.

It should pass 2019's total before December too.

curl-6 said:
Marth said:
Switch 2020 has now already outsold Switch 2018. And we have another 3 months and the big shopping period still ahead.

Insane, especially considering how big a portion of Nintendo's annual sales come from the holidays.

It should pass 2019's total before December too.

It should do so before BF already. Probably even before Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity comes out. Let that just sink in for a while...

nintendo's actually kinda lucky that they chose this year as thier 'resting' year before the second wave of first party titles likely comes out next year, as even then the demand is just past thier capability of production.
even if they don't go over 30 mil this year, if next year has that AND a switch pro it might just smash 30 mil easily, giving it a real shot at cacting up to DS/ps2 whoese peak year is this year if we go by launch aligned.

Marth said:

Nintendo usually has more than 50% of their annual sales during the holiday quarter.  Maybe this year it will only do 50%.

BlackBeauty said:
Looks like the cliff is here.

Well, they’re climbing it, not falling from it 😂