By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 20 to 26 - Switch Sales Drop 100,000 Units Week-on-Week

100k drop and still a solid 400k. Madness

Around the Network

Not like we should weep 415k though.

Not to troll but if Game Pass is said to be so amazing shouldn't it have had an affect on xbox sales throughout 2020? The difference, even in US is huge in favor of ps4 which I still selling strong with PS5 about to release.
Game Pass does have amazing value but it is nothing for me really after having the pc version for half a year. And I think because a big group of people still prefer to pay 60 bucks for a game like God of War (or just wait till it gets a ps hits discount) than get a year of game pass. It's also the reason why I think that series consoles won't sell more as the Xbox ones but similar.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

elazz said:
Not to troll but if Game Pass is said to be so amazing shouldn't it have had an affect on xbox sales throughout 2020? The difference, even in US is huge in favor of ps4 which I still selling strong with PS5 about to release.
Game Pass does have amazing value but it is nothing for me really after having the pc version for half a year. And I think because a big group of people still prefer to pay 60 bucks for a game like God of War (or just wait till it gets a ps hits discount) than get a year of game pass. It's also the reason why I think that series consoles won't sell more as the Xbox ones but similar.

gamepass doesnt erase all of the bad stigma relating to the Xbox oNe.

im going to pull a Diomedes here ; "UNDERTRACKED"

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
elazz said:

Consumers know that Xbox One is on the way out. Game Pass is doing well because of Windows and existing Xbox One owners. I'd imagine that consumers who don't have anything to play Game Pass on are waiting for the Xbox Series S/X. 

Tough to say how low Xbox One sales will be before it's fully discontinued. The Xbox One S is the only model left now, and it should be able to make the lifetime total of 50 million.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

elazz said:

Not really, because there's no stock. I wanted to buy an XBox One specifically for Gamepass, and had to go to ebay to do so, because new ones were, in August, selling above retail price by 50-100. Currently, new systems are not available on Gamestop. Some sellers are selling them through Amazon, but for like 400 for the 1 TB model, which doesn't make much sense with the Series S coming out in the near future. 

elazz said:

PC is why, and now mobile with xcloud. Xbox hardware sales no longer matter that much.

Switch "only" sold 415k because Japan is supply constrained. Those N. America and Europe numbers are high compared to the weeks before 3D All Stars launched. But Japan is about the same or maybe even slightly lower. They are extremely supply constrained still.

I hope Nintendo can up those shipments soon. I know they said they'd up production to 30m for the fiscal year, but it still takes time to ship all of those Switches out.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 01 October 2020

I'm just getting ready for the insane switch weeks we are about to see this holiday season

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also