By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros Ultimate new DLC Fighter will be revealed tomorrow!!

Can't wait for more spicy reactions.

I would like to see Crash personally, but I've been kinda apathetic about Smash when people do the same basic routine discussion on the same handful of characters everytime speculation sparks up.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Last DLC was mostly third parties, so I'm hoping this one will be more Nintendo focused.

Paper Mario, Geno (really want Mallow but not happening), Melia, Isaac, Dixie Kong would be my top choices. I do recognize though that most of those won't really excite the masses.

KLXVER said:
I dont get the Geno hype. A side character that appeared half way through one game 25 years ago...

Well, he appeared pretty close to the beginning of the game. I believe you get him before the 2nd star you get out of seven. And the stars take (mostly) longer to get towards the end.

But there's the fact that it's an absolutely fantastic game that sadly hasn't gotten the love it should due to it being a collaboration. And Geno is also a sort of representative for the RPG style Mario games in general. Plus people are also hoping (probably foolishly) that they'll actually make a sequel, and that would be a sign. And, there really aren't a whole lot of other Nintendo characters to choose from anyway at this point, and if you'd prefer Nintendo to third parties, there aren't a lot of better options.

mZuzek said:
JWeinCom said:

Last DLC was mostly third parties, so I'm hoping this one will be more Nintendo focused.

I'm on the opposite end here. Don't think Nintendo has anywhere near as much interesting stuff to bring to the table as third-parties. Byleth and Min Min were boring announcements to me - even though Byleth is admittedly fun to play. I hope we get third parties only.

It's all down to personal preference. Most of what I play is Nintendo games, and even the third party games I play tend not to grab me as much. I played the fuck out of Arms, so MinMin was very exciting for me. But if you didn't, probably not. Personally, I just can't figure out any third party characters that actually are big enough to have a chance that I'd want.

mZuzek said:
JWeinCom said:

It's all down to personal preference. Most of what I play is Nintendo games, and even the third party games I play tend not to grab me as much. I played the fuck out of Arms, so MinMin was very exciting for me. But if you didn't, probably not. Personally, I just can't figure out any third party characters that actually are big enough to have a chance that I'd want.

Big enough to have a chance, I can't think of any either, but just for the general appeal I think it'd be a lot more exciting to get someone like Dante or a Monster Hunter rep than... Geno. Or something like that.

Min Min was alright, I guess, but personally I really don't care.

I just don't like Dante that much. Monster Hunter as a series is big, but it doesn't really have a specific character to represent it. The monsters themselves are more prevalent.

Wyrdness said:
Crash Bandicoot is what rumours are claiming although I'd like to see Paper Mario added.

*vomits* I just want Dante so he and Bayonetta can finally fight each other.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Gordon Freeman announced, Half Life 3 confirmed..

All seriousness, lets get the Doom Slayer in Smash.

Just woke up from a dream where it was Paper Mario as the dlc character! With Rawk Hawk as a skin!

LETS GOOOOOO

First amazing DLC character since Hero

Minecraft Steve/Alex as well as Palette Swaps for Zombie and Enderman!

Yeah, I can't think of a much better choice for smash, if we're being honest.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Was a bit disappointed at first because I thought Mario got shot into space and Doomguy would appear. Minecraft makes sense though. Fun trailer.