By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: Which next-gen system are you getting, and what region are you from?

Which system, and what region?

PS5 (Americas) 19 14.39%

XSX/S (Americas) 14 10.61%

Both (Americas) 12 9.09%

PS5 (Europe) 24 18.18%

XSX/S (Europe) 9 6.82%

Both (Europe) 6 4.55%

PS5 (Asia & others) 7 5.30%

XSX/S (Asia & others) 3 2.27%

Both (Asia & others) 1 0.76%

I'm not getting either (all regions) 37 28.03%

Total:132

Americas. Getting both.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Americas, getting XSX at launch and ps5 next yr

Europe, and probably a PS5 at some point. Xbox is not really an option due to lack of games that interest me and because MS still has a long way to go before gaining enough trust trust from me to actually be willing to support them. I actually prefer Xbox Series X as a product, largely because of its excellent backwards compatibility (which in the case of Xbox is almost completely useless to me, but I really do appreciate it).

That said, I'm in no hurry to get a PS5. The controller looks horrible, the console looks just OK but not good, it lacks a sufficient amount of backwards compatibility, and it'll probably take at least a year or two before it has enough interesting games to warrant buying it. Also, my price point for a new console is more along the lines of 300-350 euros - for a console that supports physical games. So yeah, it ought to be a while. Unless a really, really tempting exclusive comes out, I'll probably wait until a slim model.

I'm waiting to get a PS5 until 2022 or 2023. Worst case scenario, probably in 2024.
I just got a PS4 in 2019, and it's a Pro at that. I also have a Switch. There's no games or features to draw me to the new consoles yet considering their price points (which are fantastic given the tech crammed into them).
I've got enough to play on my PS4 and Switch for a while, and even the occasional titles from older hardware as well.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Current standings:
PS5 (Europe) - 4 - 7.55%
XSX/S (Europe) - 5 - 9.43%

Hear, hear.

Around the Network

Middle East, pre-ordered the PS5.

Pre-Ordered

PS5 + Extra DualSense, DualSense Charging Stand, Pulse 3D Headset, Media Remote, HD Camera, External USB 3.1 Gen 2 NVME Enclosure, 2TB Evo 970 Plus & 1TB Pro 980 (Return if not Compatible)

XBSX + External SSD

USA

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Series X in North America.

Right now I'm just planning on sticking with my Switch and nothing else.  I'm from the US.

Obviously, if one of these systems announces several games that I like, then my viewpoint can change.  However, so far I've owned every single Sony home system and I've never owned a Microsoft system.  So, that should tell you which system I'm more likely to buy if I do change my mind.

I plan on the PS5 as of now. Will be watching the market closer to launch. Right now the PS5 has me far more impressed and excited with it's games and features. The speeds, dual sense, 3D audio. Definitely leaning more to that.