By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: Which next-gen system are you getting, and what region are you from?

Which system, and what region?

PS5 (Americas) 19 14.39%

XSX/S (Americas) 14 10.61%

Both (Americas) 12 9.09%

PS5 (Europe) 24 18.18%

XSX/S (Europe) 9 6.82%

Both (Europe) 6 4.55%

PS5 (Asia & others) 7 5.30%

XSX/S (Asia & others) 3 2.27%

Both (Asia & others) 1 0.76%

I'm not getting either (all regions) 37 28.03%

Total:132

I'm in Europe and got a Series X on pre-order.

Around the Network

Quite frankly, at this point in time, I have no immediate plans to buy any of the modern consoles. A friend gave me a PS4, which I barely use and only have indie games on. If I had the extra spending $$$$, I'd likely have a Switch, but honestly there has still yet to be that ONE game that would make me HAVE to own one, so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I've never been interested in the Xbox brand, and still am not. The fact that they bought Bethesda sucks, but I have a feeling that games like Doom/ES/Fallout won't be Xbox exclusive, because there's too much money to be made porting those games to other consoles, plus PC.

I could be wrong, and if I have to miss out on ES6 (I'm not a big PC gamer), then so be it. But I have a hacked NES Classic with thousands of games on it, plenty of classic systems. That is basically my "main console" now. There MAY be something that makes me want a PS5 or Switch/S2 someday, if I have the $$$, but right now? I'm good.

Series X at launch. EU region

Xbox series x 4K gaming with ray tracing + Doom + Halo + Gears = SOLD!

LATAM. None for now, Switch will keep me entertained for at least one more year and currently its 2021 line up is stronger than Xbox/PS5

If XBOX got some exclusives that I like I would buy one thanks to Gamepass, I just can't get into their games, even exclusive 3rd parties like FF Re are on Sony systems

As for PS5, only after come price cuts, maybe in 3 years

Around the Network

PS5,EU

PS5 Europe (UK) pre ordered

Might get an Xbox Series X later down the Gen, its looks fantastic so far.

XSX - United States

I put PS5, but will hopefully get a Series X someday, just not sure how far off that will be.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS