By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: Which next-gen system are you getting, and what region are you from?

Which system, and what region?

PS5 (Americas) 19 14.39%

XSX/S (Americas) 14 10.61%

Both (Americas) 12 9.09%

PS5 (Europe) 24 18.18%

XSX/S (Europe) 9 6.82%

Both (Europe) 6 4.55%

PS5 (Asia & others) 7 5.30%

XSX/S (Asia & others) 3 2.27%

Both (Asia & others) 1 0.76%

I'm not getting either (all regions) 37 28.03%

Total:132

Neither.

I bought an XBox One for about 200 a couple of months ago. Was expecting the S to come in at a higher price, but oh well. That should hold me over since most bigger games are coming to PS4 or XBone for the next couple of years, so when the time comes I'll choose among the newer ones.

Around the Network

I'm not getting anything at launch rn. I'm interested to see these things out in the wild for at least six months before making any decisions. I'm most excited rn for the switch pro. I'm holding out from buying a regular switch for it so the earlier the better. I was expecting holiday 2021, but rumors have suggested it's coming much sooner than that. So I might try to day 1 pre-purchase that when it becomes available to do so.

I'm not planning on getting either of them but if I had to choose I would go towards Xbox.

I may consider subscribing to Gamepass in the future since it looks very appealing to me.

If it will be available on switch, that would be a no-brainer.

EDIT: i'm from Switzerland, So Europe

After 3 generations of using PS as my primary DEDICATED home console, I have decided to switch to XSX for this generation. I will also eventually have a PS5, but not before GoW5 drops. I will check out demon souls then and play Horizon on my PS4 Pro.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Slimebeast said:
vivster said:
For now I'm getting a 3080. Until Sony gets their act together and I can buy a discless PS5.

Will you try to get hold of a Founder's edition 3080? I think they look so good, but they seem to be extremely rare.

What do u mean by "discless PS5"? Isn't the PS5 Digital Edition discless?

Probably going to get a Strix. FE is really meh.

"Getting their act together" was towards their game output. I know they have a discless PS5, which as of right now has no alternatives.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Nothing right now, living in Japan.

PS4 is fine with my backlog, and if that isn't enough, I can buy the Switch. The next gen consoles need to have at least 10 games that I desire before I consider them.

I've had a PS4 break on me three separate times. My initial PS4 didn't have the thermalpaste put in right. Next, the Wifi antenna desoldered from the console. Finally, my 2 TB harddrive died.

Sony is putting all their games on PC within 3 years of launch. No reason to get a PS5 at this point. If my PC breaks, I can fix it myself. PS5 games will run better on my PC.

Interesting results so far. Switching back to Xbox for the early part of this gen. Might pick up a PS5 2nd hand when it gets cheaper.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

As of right now none, but in the future ill buy....

- PS5 Slim (my PS4 and Switch backlog is so huge I wouldn't be surprised that a slim will come out before I finish them all)
- XB Series S (but only if they include a disc drive and have some amazing exclusives)

I live in USA, and the only console I have so far that's "current" is the Switch (don't have a PS4 or XB1). I'm getting an XSX and GamePass and just from that will have a bunch of games I've never played. Seeing how Series X handles backwards compatibility has me stoked to play those games now.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish