Microsoft Flight Simulator 3 2.19%

Ori and the Will of the Wisps 11 8.03%

Hades 5 3.65%

Other 10 7.30%

Total:137

where's
13 sentinels aegis rim ?

Around the Network

Xenoblade Remake even tho it was robbed from the poll.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

So far, TLOU 2 is my favorite 2020 game. Would bee an even better game if it had Factions multiplayer.

If Cyberpunk 2077 lives up to expectations, it could very well win the most GOTYs. If Factions 2.0 isn't out this year (or if it's somehow worse than Factions 1.0), Cyberpunk could become my personal favorite as well. Animal Crossing is also a strong contender. Time will tell.

Last edited by Replicant - on 28 September 2020

Though i don't care about GOTY, i would say Half Life Alyx based on its extremely positive critic and user reviews. Its also innovative. Majority of the games on this list are not innovative and have mixed reviews between critic and users.

However i think Animal Crossing will take the cake based on the fact it was a game that released at the perfect time in one of the worlds modern worst periods. It was a perfect escape from the real world, it truly deserves it on that front alone.

I haven't play Animal crossings, and don't have a PC VR headset, so no Alyx either.

FS 2020 is far too buggy to deserve GOTY, so Tlou2 it is for me.

Around the Network

Animal Crossing for me for sure. I don't think I've missed a single day of playing. This is definitely the most time I've dedicated to an Animal Crossing game and I have no regrets. Fall update is just around the corner, too! Without a doubt I will certainly continue my playthrough of this game until we get to March 19th of next year. And hopefully they announce a crazy update that allows me to super-expand my house and get into tons more debt with Tom Nook.

Paper Mario: The Origami King, a pleasant surprise that it turned out to be my favorite of the Paper series, one of Mario's best games for sure.

I was interested in exactly zero games this year. So I guess GotY so far is.. Super Mario 64. Considering new games I suppose Hyrule Warriors will be GotY by default.

Demon's Souls Remake will take Goty 2020.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons by a considerable margin. Really the only other 2020 release I've played so far that's worth mentioning as a runner-up is Ghost of Tsushima.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima