Deep Space Nine 8 13.11%

Voyager 10 16.39%

Enterprise 3 4.92%

Discovery 2 3.28%

Picard 1 1.64%

Total:61
shikamaru317 said:
curl-6 said:

I hear a lot of good things about The Orville and I'd like to check it out, but it's not available on the streaming services I'm subscribed to and I'm not paying extra for it on Youtube TV or signing up to a third service. I really hate the stream service wars.

Yeah, I think it's on SBS Viceland and their streaming app in Australia. Here in the US the first 2 seasons aired on Fox with Hulu as the sole streaming provider, while season 3 is going completely Hulu exclusive, no more Fox release. Since Hulu doesn't have enough shows that interest me to sub permanently, I will just wait until all episodes are released and sub to Hulu for a single month to rewatch the first 2 seasons and watch season 3. 

Thanks man, I had no idea it was on SBS, I'll definitely have a look once I finish the shows I'm currently watching.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I think it's on SBS Viceland and their streaming app in Australia. Here in the US the first 2 seasons aired on Fox with Hulu as the sole streaming provider, while season 3 is going completely Hulu exclusive, no more Fox release. Since Hulu doesn't have enough shows that interest me to sub permanently, I will just wait until all episodes are released and sub to Hulu for a single month to rewatch the first 2 seasons and watch season 3. 

Thanks man, I had no idea it was on SBS, I'll definitely have a look once I finish the shows I'm currently watching.

Enjoy. For some people it's tough to get past the comedy focus at first, especially if you're not a big fan of Seth's particular brand of humor, but they toned down the comedy some in season 2 after they realized that alot of people liked the dramatic Star Trek like parts of the show more than the comedy bits in season 1. Truly a great show imo, the better episodes can stand toe to toe with some of Trek's best episodes, particularly season 2's two part "Identity" episode, which many think is as good as TNG's "The Best of Both Worlds". I wish I could rewatch The Orville right now but I don't have a Hulu sub currently. Maybe I should look into buying it on blu-ray. 

shikamaru317 said:
curl-6 said:

Enjoy. For some people it's tough to get past the comedy focus at first, especially if you're not a big fan of Seth's particular brand of humor, but they toned down the comedy some in season 2 after they realized that alot of people liked the dramatic Star Trek like parts of the show more than the comedy bits in season 1. Truly a great show imo, the better episodes can stand toe to toe with some of Trek's best episodes, particularly season 2's two part "Identity" episode, which many think is as good as TNG's "The Best of Both Worlds". I wish I could rewatch The Orville right now but I don't have a Hulu sub currently. Maybe I should look into buying it on blu-ray. 

Sounds awesome to me! I don't mind Seth's brand of comedy personally so I'm sure that won't be a problem. Will report back once I get into that, though that might be a while as I am pretty stuck into Enterprise and Battlestar Galactica atm haha.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Voyager was my first Trek show as a kid. DS9 was too political and whatnot for someone as young as I was and TNG had ended by the time I was old enough to watch it. I've since watched every Trek show. Well okay, missing Disco season 2 and 3 and Lower Decks. I did not enjoy Disco season 1 and haven't gone back. Picard was decent, but the pacing was all over the place and was way too predictable. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Voyager was my first Trek show as a kid. DS9 was too political and whatnot for someone as young as I was and TNG had ended by the time I was old enough to watch it. I've since watched every Trek show. Well okay, missing Disco season 2 and 3 and Lower Decks. I did not enjoy Disco season 1 and haven't gone back. Picard was decent, but the pacing was all over the place and was way too predictable. 

Same exact story for me, we are about the same age. My dad was a Trekkie and got me started watching it young with Voyager and Star Trek 1-6 when I was only like 6 or 7 years old. Watched most of Voyager as I was growing up and all of the TOS and TNG movies. Tried some DS9 when I was a kid too, but like you I didn't like it at the time. Later on in my late teens I went through and did a full watch of all of the series, and since then I've gone through and rewatched them all on Netflix at least one more time, some more than once. Voyager is still my favorite for sure, but DS9 really grew on me by the time I was an adult and is now my 2nd favorite. Don't like Discovery at all and couldn't even bring myself to watch Picard once I heard it had too much of Discovery in it.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Same exact story for me, we are about the same age. My dad was a Trekkie and got me started watching it young with Voyager and Star Trek 1-6 when I was only like 6 or 7 years old. Watched most of Voyager as I was growing up and all of the TOS and TNG movies. Tried some DS9 when I was a kid too, but like you I didn't like it at the time. Later on in my late teens I went through and did a full watch of all of the series, and since then I've gone through and rewatched them all on Netflix at least one more time, some more than once. Voyager is still my favorite for sure, but DS9 really grew on me by the time I was an adult and is now my 2nd favorite. Don't like Discovery at all and couldn't even bring myself to watch Picard once I heard it had too much of Discovery in it.

DS9 is much better as an adult and being able to binge watch it as it has storylines that last multiple episodes in the later seasons. Enterprise is very underrated. While I think it is the weakest Trek show from that era (TNG-ENT), I've rewatched it and it was much better than I remembered. The Xindi arc and final season were pretty good. Just ignore the dumpster fire that was the finale and end it the episode before. 

I've rewatched some of TOS with my girlfriend and got about halfway through season 2 of TNG. Yes, we skip the worst episodes. Well, accept with TOS. The worst episodes are some of the best with how bad they are. Spock's Brain was terribly fantastic. She hasn't gotten into TNG, so when we get back to it I'll probably do a big skip and go straight to season 3 when it starts to get better. We've watched movies 1-6 and am waiting to watch TNG before getting to their movies. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

DS9 is much better as an adult and being able to binge watch it as it has storylines that last multiple episodes in the later seasons. Enterprise is very underrated. While I think it is the weakest Trek show from that era (TNG-ENT), I've rewatched it and it was much better than I remembered. The Xindi arc and final season were pretty good. Just ignore the dumpster fire that was the finale and end it the episode before. 

I've rewatched some of TOS with my girlfriend and got about halfway through season 2 of TNG. Yes, we skip the worst episodes. Well, accept with TOS. The worst episodes are some of the best with how bad they are. Spock's Brain was terribly fantastic. She hasn't gotten into TNG, so when we get back to it I'll probably do a big skip and go straight to season 3 when it starts to get better. We've watched movies 1-6 and am waiting to watch TNG before getting to their movies. 

Yeah, it's a real shame that so many people slept on Enterprise at the time, which got it cancelled. While the first 2 seasons were hit and miss, season 3 and 4 were excellent and they had great plans for season 5 right when the show got cancelled. The end of an era for sure, sadly Star Trek will never be the same again, both CBS and Paramount have proven that they really couldn't care less what TNG-ENT era Trek fans want from future Star Trek projects. 

I agree about how much of a slog TNG season 1 and 2 are, those 2 seasons have too much of TOS in them and they're a big part of why I rank both Voyager and DS9 above TNG. TNG at it's best is great, there are some excellent episodes and First Contact is my 2nd favorite Star Trek movie after The Voyage Home, but TNG at it's worst is pretty bad, there were quite alot of dud episodes in those first 2 seasons, but also a fair few duds in the later seasons. 

shikamaru317 said:

Don't like Discovery at all and couldn't even bring myself to watch Picard once I heard it had too much of Discovery in it.

I actually found Discovery and Picard very different, especially in terms of tone. Picard is a lot darker and grittier while Discovery is a lot goofier and upbeat.

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah, it's a real shame that so many people slept on Enterprise at the time, which got it cancelled. While the first 2 seasons were hit and miss, season 3 and 4 were excellent and they had great plans for season 5 right when the show got cancelled. The end of an era for sure, sadly Star Trek will never be the same again, both CBS and Paramount have proven that they really couldn't care less what TNG-ENT era Trek fans want from future Star Trek projects. 

I agree about how much of a slog TNG season 1 and 2 are, those 2 seasons have too much of TOS in them and they're a big part of why I rank both Voyager and DS9 above TNG. TNG at it's best is great, there are some excellent episodes and First Contact is my 2nd favorite Star Trek movie after The Voyage Home, but TNG at it's worst is pretty bad, there were quite alot of dud episodes in those first 2 seasons, but also a fair few duds in the later seasons. 

TNG got better once Gene Roddenberry took more of a backseat. He might have been the creator of Star Trek, but it got better once there were other people taking charge. It will be a long while before I get watching it again with my girlfriend as we are stuck an ocean apart until we get vaccinated. 

I've heard Lower Decks is either the best Trek since the TNG-ENT era ended and heard it isn't funny. I am curious about it.

curl-6 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Don't like Discovery at all and couldn't even bring myself to watch Picard once I heard it had too much of Discovery in it.

I actually found Discovery and Picard very different, especially in terms of tone. Picard is a lot darker and grittier while Discovery is a lot goofier and upbeat.

I've only seen season one of Discovery, but it was quite dark and whatever they did to the Klingons was terrible.