By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game got you into being dedicated towards gaming?

I've been into gaming since the early 80s. But The Legend of Zelda on NES was what cemented gaming for me.

Around the Network

Since my emails were ignored. Here I am, John2290, sick of these weak reasoned and lengthy moderations for saying the wrong thing and a mod team that is doing everything it can to kill this site quicker. So now that I've actually broken a rule instead of mildly hurting someones feelings without even interacting with them, I request my Permban on John2290 and of course this account will be banned. Please and thank you and good luck keeping this site alive while you alienate people with silly moderation.

Been gaming since I was a baby (80s) but it wasnt until TLOZ A Link to the Past that I got really passionate about it.

My first three games were Tommy Lasorda Baseball, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Quack Shot. There's no way I could tell you exactly which game I played first. I still play those three games today from time to time, actually. Beyond that, I can't tell you which game got me further into the industry.

I clearly remember something like that. It was Zelda Skyward Sword. I started following Nintendo news and getting invested in the game industry as a whole.

Around the Network

Ibix the Viking.

Go on, look it up.

Hmm, pie.

I'd say shining force 3. I always gamed before this game released but this game was the one that got me hooked. I spent so many hours on it my mates used to take piss outta me saying I've disappeared. It was this game that made me realise I could just lose myself into gaming and completely forget about what was going on elsewhere in my life and the world.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Super Mario World, since it was the first game I owned. But a lot of NES, SNES, and PS1 games also made me enjoy gaming even more.

Hm, probably God of War on the PS2 in 2005. I followed that game religiously.

Pitfall when I was a toddler, Fantasy Zone and Alex Kids a couple years later. Altered Beast and Sonic a few years after that. Super Metroid and Earthbound after that,. Ridge Racer when PSX came out. Halo:CE when I was a young adult. All of those games I consider important to my love of gaming, and I also think of the Super Mario and Mario RPGs as important, though less so. More recently, I'd say Destiny 1 & 2, TW3, and BOTW have been significant to me.

I guess if I have to choose 1 single game, it would be Pitfall.  I was just 2-3 years old, but I was hooked once I finally beat the first level.  My dad got me into gaming young.  Incidentally, we was a gamer from the early days, right up until his death a few years ago.  He loved JRPGs. 

The second most significant would be Halo: CE.  Some of my fondest gaming memories come from a multi-day marathon co-op session with my little brother over Thanksgiving weekend 2001.  Those warm memories are part of what brought me back to gaming after I had gotten away from it as a teenager.