By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS CEO Nadella: We Will Consider Buying Even More Game Companies In Future

Wonder who else they have on their radar to buy.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
chakkra said:

And how about Avowed, Fable, Everwild, HB2, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Battletoads, Gunk, and Tell Me Why? Are those part of the "Xbox identity" as well?

Another thing, so you're telling me that they recently hired some 3rd party developers to develop exclusive games for them, and went out their way to buy timed-exclusivity in a bunch of other games, but somehow the games developed by their own studios will be multiplatform?

No.  Well... Fabled I'd say yes because it's been safely associated with the Xbox brand for sometime now.  Sea of Thieves, too new from my perspective to have much emotional investment/impact.  And even as someone who missed out on Battletoads during the NES I just see is as another solid option for Xbox.  These are just a few examples.  But there is more of a "wow" factor when you consider Mario and Zelda on a Nintendo platform similar to Uncharted, God of War, and Bloodborne on a PlayStation platform.  This seems to be the GENERAL perception in opposite of the titles you just mentioned.  So let's see if Microsoft will practice what they preach and take the high road by allowing their newly acquired developers to develop as they've been which benefits everyone.

Well, they are already "not practicing what they preach" with all the aforementioned cases. That was always a PR bs statement by Phil related to Xcloud more than anything else. I actually find it funny that Phil has always been accused of being a liar on this site, but somehow this is the one thing that people have chosen to believe.

chakkra said:
LivingMetal said:

No.  Well... Fabled I'd say yes because it's been safely associated with the Xbox brand for sometime now.  Sea of Thieves, too new from my perspective to have much emotional investment/impact.  And even as someone who missed out on Battletoads during the NES I just see is as another solid option for Xbox.  These are just a few examples.  But there is more of a "wow" factor when you consider Mario and Zelda on a Nintendo platform similar to Uncharted, God of War, and Bloodborne on a PlayStation platform.  This seems to be the GENERAL perception in opposite of the titles you just mentioned.  So let's see if Microsoft will practice what they preach and take the high road by allowing their newly acquired developers to develop as they've been which benefits everyone.

Well, they are already "not practicing what they preach" with all the aforementioned cases. That was always a PR bs statement by Phil related to Xcloud more than anything else. I actually find it funny that Phil has always been accused of being a liar on this site, but somehow this is the one thing that people have chosen to believe.

About Phil, he has to tow the corporate line because that's what he's paid to do which is understandable.  I think we're all sick or what comes from corporate in general.  So when it comes out of his mouth, he takes the heat.  It is what it is.

Verry bad. Happy iam stopping buying next genn after ps5

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

I remember when Microsoft bought the domains “Microsoft-Sony.com” and “Sony-Microsoft.com”(future intentions?). There’s always been rumors too of them negotiating a buyout of Nintendo. They were close to purchasing Sega before Dreamcast. Buying Bethesda seems kinda reasonable all of a sudden.

I think it was a smart choice on their part though it’s unlikely they’ll recoup their money for many many years if ever. It does give them the killer app. If they owned Rockstar North they’d be untouchable. But there’s no way T2 is going to let that cash cow go. GTA Exclusivity can make or break a whole console.

Hopefully the next elder scrolls will be tested before it gets released this time.

Around the Network

The only Franchises that are in question of staying Exclusive are Fallout and Elder Scrolls, the rest will stay exclusive IMO yes even Doom and Wolfenstien. MS has zero obligation to release Starfield on PS5 considering that its a new franchise that had no platforms announced when revealed.

Do any of you honestly believe that Sony won't ramp up their money-hatting for timed exclusivity on AAA games made by big publishers? They even tried to moneyhat Starfield for crying out loud, I see zero reason why MS should help them at all when they have their own brand to grow too. The argument of them trying to recoup their investment by staying multiplatform is laughable too since they could easily eat the costs and the reason why these Mega Corporations make these billion dollar deals is to use their excessive cash to control things that are valuable.

As for possible future acquisitions for MS I highly doubt that they would acquire another publisher unless it's another Warner Bros situation where they were actively looking to sell and then the parent company changed their minds. Out of all the pipe dream publisher acquisitions Zenimax/Bethesda were always the most realistic because they were the only ones that were a Private company and it was rumored for a long time that Zenimax was looking or open to sell and MS were the ones to pull the trigger.

Insiders are now saying that MS has acquired two more studios that have not yet been revealed, I believe that Asobo is a lock as one of the two and the other could either be Bloober of Techland since there has been rumors way back that MS were looking to acquire a studio in Poland and out of those two i would personally prefer Techland since they are a 2 team AAA studio.

Who the hell upset Microsoft? MS "No games you say?

PS: MS/Xbox please do us PC gamers a favour and shutdown the Bethesda App Store.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 23 September 2020

It will be funny if they buy a lot of studios and publisher but still on third place on consoles sales , let see and wait. But already see Microsoft will not able to defeat Sony on console area. They focus is gamepass. They don't care on consoles sales. Trus me they will sell their exclusives games on PS console at regular 70 USD price but making it cheap or free on gamepass. It will be winner for both.

Jannlee48504 said:
MS brought timed exclusive to dlc for gta 5 and fallout 3 not the entire game timed dlc isn't a issue to me but keeping a game thats not even theirs is bs

Like rise of the tomb raider.

And i do think this can increase the quality of Bethesdas games since they do not have to make microtransaction infested garbage like fallout 76 anymore.