By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS CEO Nadella: We Will Consider Buying Even More Game Companies In Future

Azzanation said:

Who the hell upset Microsoft? MS "No games you say?

PS: MS/Xbox please do us PC gamers a favour and shutdown the Bethesda App Store.

yes, shut down that piece of crap app, and sell those games on the Xbox app and Steam stores instead. Hardly anyone uses that shitty store to begin with anyway. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
The Fury said:
I cannot wait until there is only 1 company in this industry, charging what they want.

Haven't Sony fans anxiously waited for Microsoft to drop Xbox after this gen? :P

Anyway, PlayStation is too popular to disappear so I wouldn't worry. 

KiigelHeart said:

Haven't Sony fans anxiously waited for Microsoft to drop Xbox after this gen? :P

Xbox might stop making consoles one day, maybe Sony might too if the PS brand loses steam but the investment these companies put into the software side of things won't disappear, we've seen this with Atari and Sega.

But if all are owned by 1 single larger parent controlling everything? There are laws against monopolies in the EU for a reason.

Hmm, pie.

Isn't Gamepass a rental service? So, people are or will buy something to gain access to something that may not even be there in a month?

Even If Microsoft wants their brand on other services, doesn't mean those companies will allow it, so all that money put into buying up the market was all for nothing.

How does buying up gaming marketshare make Sony more willing to open up their catalog of IP's to Microsoft and or PC? It doesn't. It will just make Sony more isolated and keep their games away from PC and Microsoft and make them buy other companies again.

Just because Microsoft buys out talent doesn't mean that talent will produce great games.

Quality over quantity 👌

The Fury said:
KiigelHeart said:

Xbox might stop making consoles one day, maybe Sony might too if the PS brand loses steam but the investment these companies put into the software side of things won't disappear, we've seen this with Atari and Sega.

But if all are owned by 1 single larger parent controlling everything? There are laws against monopolies in the EU for a reason.

Sega is a good example but Atari isn't.   Atari is just a name rights that has been bought and sold by several companies since its demise. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
vivster said:
Hope they buy Sony or Nintendo.

Sony would be better. Unite all PC gaming under the PC banner again.

*and

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KiigelHeart said:
The Fury said:
I cannot wait until there is only 1 company in this industry, charging what they want.

Can we compare this with movies,series ?

We can assume it evolves in a bunch of different subscription services that can be used on most screens, the longest existing console will be Nintendo's cause they depend much less on third party + are mobile.

Most of MS's 1st party content has slowly gotten worse over the years. Can't wait to see them bring the same mediocrity to Bethesda's games. I fully expect Fallout 76-2.

zero129 said:
Colocho said:
But buying well established studios and keeping them xclusive to ur console is "anticonsumer".... at least thats what I heard here in the past, from a vocal minority, whn Sony purchased Insomniac and there were rumors of buying some Konami's IPs... smh. Lol. Funny how the story changes fr some people. Lol.
Regardless, things got a lot more interesting.

Not the same. MS release their games across PC on both their own Store and steam etc day and date, they also allow you to play on mobile with xcloud.

Sony locks their games to mostly one platform (With the exception of a bad port of a 3 year old game and one or two small indie games)(Thats the reason why MS,PC, And Nintendo fans cant enjoy something like Spider-man etc).

Nintendo wont allow their games on anything other then their own system (Reason why Sony, MS and PC players etc never got to play Bayo 2 and 3 when it releases without owning a switch)

However i can bet out of all Sony and Nintendo fans at least more then half of them now have a device that can now play xbox exclusives thanks to xcloud..

Full on exclusives are bad one way or another but if giving the option of one of the big 3 buying a company id Sooner MS then Sony or Nintendo any day of the week as im not forced to buy their box to play their games then.

MS, PC, and Nintendo fans can just buy a PS4/5. Nothing is stopping anybody from being a multi-platform gamer.

ironmanDX said:
SKMBlake said:

Yeah, MS buying Bethesda is like Sony buying a dev team which almost exclusively develops for Sony for ages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Sony_Corporation

well, there's 13 video game associated acquisitions there?

Is that better or would you like to come up with some other way to move the goal posts? Need a hand? I've seen plenty of others doing the same. I'm sure they'll happily jump in and grab the other side for you.

Sony buying Insomniac =/= MS buying Bethesda.

Sony buying an unknown studio with no good games to it's name =/= MS buying Bethesda.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 23 September 2020

Chazore said:
chakkra said:

And how about Avowed, Fable, Everwild, HB2, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Battletoads, Gunk, and Tell Me Why? Are those part of the "Xbox identity" as well?

Another thing, so you're telling me that they recently hired some 3rd party developers to develop exclusive games for them, and went out their way to buy timed-exclusivity in a bunch of other games, but somehow the games developed by their own studios will be multiplatform?

How long have they owned Rare for now?. How long were Lionhead at MS for?.

Battletoads; who here remembers Tradewest & Masaya Games so fondly?, I'll wait.

The rest of that is just gobbledegook at this point. I know you're being aggressive here with the "chosen" lie, but I'd chuck that out the window.

lol, alright then. We'll see.

ironmanDX said:
SKMBlake said:

Yeah, MS buying Bethesda is like Sony buying a dev team which almost exclusively develops for Sony for ages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Sony_Corporation

well, there's 13 video game associated acquisitions there?

Is that better or would you like to come up with some other way to move the goal posts? Need a hand? I've seen plenty of others doing the same. I'm sure they'll happily jump in and grab the other side for you.

Nice try, but no. A good example of 1: not understanding the point, 2: trying to blame the other one, 3: ending with absolute nonsense. Basically how the internet works tho