By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead

Looks like Trump might nominate Ted Cruz or Tom Cotton, and Mitch Mcconnell is gonna jam it through. I think America is toast.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

Republicans are already making me sick.

dharh said:
Looks like Trump might nominate Ted Cruz or Tom Cotton, and Mitch Mcconnell is gonna jam it through. I think America is toast.

Didn't Cruz very recently state he'd never accept a Supreme Court position?

dharh said:

I have to imagine that there would be a solid handful of Red Senators who would say no on that one...

R.I.P. American Democracy.

Moscow Mitch will ram a new appointee through. Republicans will hold the Senate and block all new legislation. Any old legislation they don't like will be struck down as "unconstitutional".

Around the Network

Damn guys, no need to attack conservatives with your conspiracy theories about who Trump is going to appoint.

It's gonna be Amy Coney Barrett. A nice, Catholic, conservative woman.

EDIT: Here's a link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/18/replacing-ruth-bader-ginsburg-list-starts-amy-coney-barrett/2669382002/

Last edited by SnesTea - on 18 September 2020

No es bueno.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

If Republicans do end up filling this seat, I hope Democrats respond in kind with adding more justices to the court should they gain power.

Torillian said:
haxxiy said:

They are the minority in the Senate then and now. There's literally nothing to be done unles enough Repubs join them to leave the Senate without the required quorum.

Anyway, I don't think the seat will be filled before the lame duck period, in an atempt to electorally protect endangered Repub senators.

Ah, I hadn't read into it and was hopeful that the system required both houses of congress. Sigh. Well here's hoping they can't get somethin together before the election. 

The new Congress/president wouldn’t be sat until January... so they technically have until then to push a nominee through... I expect a lame duck confirmation will happen sometime in December while republicans still control the senate and the presidency (I expect they will lose both in November...)

Snesboy said:

Damn guys, no need to attack conservatives with your conspiracy theories about who Trump is going to appoint.

It's gonna be Amy Coney Barrett. A nice, Catholic, conservative woman.

EDIT: Here's a link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/18/replacing-ruth-bader-ginsburg-list-starts-amy-coney-barrett/2669382002/

"Conspiracy Theories"

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/09/911194201/trump-adds-ted-cruz-tom-cotton-to-list-of-potential-scotus-picks

Trump Adds Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton To List Of Potential Supreme Court Picks