By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead

Republicans blocked Obama's pick 7 months before an election, but will fill a seat 2 months before an election.

Mitch McConnell and co never had any beliefs to betray. This behavior is consistent with their immoral naked pursuit of power.



Around the Network

According to Siena/Times and Fox News polls, both electors in swing states and nationwide prefer Biden over Trump to select the next supreme justice - by a larger margin than they prefer him to be president, even. That's rather surprising. It's possible that any Repub attempting to use this to motivate their base - 94% of which is behind Trump already - will be faced with an even larger pushback.



 

 

 

 

 

May she rest in peace after a long storied life

And by the way, this thread is disgusting



Hiku said:

Republicans blocked Obama's pick 7 months before an election, but will fill a seat 2 months before an election.

Mitch McConnell and co never had any beliefs to betray. This behavior is consistent with their immoral naked pursuit of power.

You're acting like the hypocrisy is new, lol.



I wish this thread was focused on other things than it has been, but can we all please stop pretending to be ignorant? Both sides want their own justices on the bench. Both sides will say whatever they have to get their way and make the other side bad. Yes, Repuplicans tanked Garland and eliminated the filibuster on SC picks. Yes Democrats destroyed filibuster on many other things before that, and are threatening to end it entirely going forward. Biden had stated he is against packing the Supreme Court. I wonder how quick that will change?
Republicans have not threatened the Supreme Court with expansion, even though they've been on the losing side of their most hot button issue, abortion, for decades. Both sides have played unfairly at different times. Can we please stop pretending one is less manipulate than the other? Do we really think if it was Hillary was President with a Democrat Senate 2 months before election that they wouldn't try to fill the seat?

Have your own opinion, but just don't allow yourself to be so easily manipulated. I hate what the media has become and how it manipulates so many hundreds of millions of Americans. Sometimes I like to watch news from decades ago on YouTube to see how much more professional and unbiased they were back then.



Around the Network
Ninten78 said:
I hope you Americans wise up and remove Putin's puppetry.

What moves was he puppeteering?  Arming Ukraine?



Proxy-Pie said:
Hiku said:

Republicans blocked Obama's pick 7 months before an election, but will fill a seat 2 months before an election.

Mitch McConnell and co never had any beliefs to betray. This behavior is consistent with their immoral naked pursuit of power.

You're acting like the hypocrisy is new, lol.

There's no point in voting on it if you know its not going to pass.  Why would they vote for Obama's nominee so close to the election if they can wait and get a right wing President and then vote.  It's politics. Just like how Pelosi moves to impeach Trump at the same time she's passing his agenda lol 



Well reading this thread, I hope Trump wins the election, will be an interesting time ahead for the rest of the world to watch.



 

 

Dulfite said:
I wish this thread was focused on other things than it has been, 

I don't know much about the deceased judge, because she's not like a public figure that's been in our lives in some intimate manner, unlike many other deceased people getting threads like this. I can say R.I.P., but there's nothing I can focus on there.
We can have a separate thread for the subject that is the elephant in the room if people want it, but few people, you included, focused on, or said anything of substance regarding her life.

Dulfite said:
but can we all please stop pretending to be ignorant? Both sides want their own justices on the bench. Both sides will say whatever they have to get their way and make the other side bad. Yes, Repuplicans tanked Garland and eliminated the filibuster on SC picks. 

There's a big difference between wanting, and doing. Democrats have not yet been in a position to pull this stunt that the GOP set a precedence for, and until they do, can we please stop pretending that it's 'both sides' here. This is a lifetime appointment with immense legal and political repercussions for the next half century.
When the Democrats do this twice, then we can talk. But chances are they won't, because they want to uphold an image of having some sort of morals, even if some of them don't.

Last edited by Hiku - on 19 September 2020

bowserthedog said:

There's no point in voting on it if you know its not going to pass.  Why would they vote for Obama's nominee so close to the election if they can wait and get a right wing President and then vote.  It's politics. Just like how Pelosi moves to impeach Trump at the same time she's passing his agenda lol 

We all know what is going to happen next. McDonnel and his cronies will go after every republican senator that is "unsure" about voting now for a new sc justice. And one after the other the senators will comply and bend over. McDonnell only needs 50 votes of the 53 senators for another Kavanaugh and there is really nothing the Democrats can do.