By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead

Who decided to play the music?

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Snesboy said:

Damn guys, no need to attack conservatives with your conspiracy theories about who Trump is going to appoint.

It's gonna be Amy Coney Barrett. A nice, Catholic, conservative woman.

EDIT: Here's a link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/18/replacing-ruth-bader-ginsburg-list-starts-amy-coney-barrett/2669382002/

"Conspiracy Theories"

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/09/911194201/trump-adds-ted-cruz-tom-cotton-to-list-of-potential-scotus-picks

Trump Adds Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton To List Of Potential Supreme Court Picks

Yeah, npr is a bunch of bullshit. I'll take a news source not funded by my tax dollars thanks.

Shadow1980 said:
Hopefully this lights a fire under the asses of fence-sitting progressives everywhere and gets them to vote Biden. This is why elections matter. Republicans will never play fair, so we have to beat them at the ballot box.

Democrats are literally burning our cities down over the fact that Democrat populations elect Democrat mayors who appoint Democrat police chiefs who hire Democrat cops that do dumb ass shit like suffocate people by kneeling on their neck. READ: Minnesota

Democrat problems for Democrat states.

Elections matter. Yes they do. Now stop trying to ram National Popular Vote down people's throats.

Republicans don't play fair? They seem to be the only ones protecting the Electoral College.

If Biden wasn't such a trash candidate, we wouldn't have these problems.

Snesboy said:
sundin13 said:

"Conspiracy Theories"

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/09/911194201/trump-adds-ted-cruz-tom-cotton-to-list-of-potential-scotus-picks

Trump Adds Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton To List Of Potential Supreme Court Picks

Yeah, npr is a bunch of bullshit. I'll take a news source not funded by my tax dollars thanks.

whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/additions-president-donald-j-trumps-supreme-court-list/

I'm sure now you're retract your accusations of conspiracy theories. 

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 19 September 2020

JWeinCom said:
Snesboy said:

whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/additions-president-donald-j-trumps-supreme-court-list/

I'm sure now you're retract your accusations of conspiracy theories. 

That's better.

It's still gonna be Amy Coney Barrett. You can bet your paycheck on that.

Around the Network

Some ways to channel your frustration:

Donate to Theresa Greenfield, who is challenging Joni Ernst in Iowa:

Steve Bullock, a popular Montana Governor challenging Steve Daines in Montana:

John Ossof, going for David Perdue in Georgia:

Barbara Bollier, a wonderful Kansas teacher:

Don't waste cash on Amy McGrath. These people (alongside the candidates for Texas and Alaska) are going to be pivotal to getting back the Senate.

EricHiggin said:
She's been in and out of the hospital a bunch of times in years of late. She seemed to be a fighter. RIP.

How long can Trump leave that position open? Not sure what he would rather do. On one hand he'll stir up the hornets nest if he picks anyone seen as more conservative, so he may want to wait until after the election if he can. On the other hand, setting up another Kav situation could certainly change the news cycle, and potentially to Trumps benefit. Though will the Dems react differently to any pick and remain quiet because of the election? This is going to be interesting.

The democrats will do everything their power to block any judge proposed by Trump. They will fight until the election while fighting hard for Trump to not win. After that things are gonna be chill again. Unless Trump wins again. But if that happens people will have bigger problems than a Trump appointed judge.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Leaving this here

https://www.motherjones.com/2020-elections/2020/09/a-long-list-of-gop-senators-who-promised-not-to-confirm-a-supreme-court-nominee-during-an-election-year/

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

According to Siena/Times and Fox News polls, both electors in swing states and nationwide prefer Biden over Trump to select the next supreme justice - by a larger margin than they prefer him to be president, even. That's rather surprising. It's possible that any Repub attempting to use this to motivate their base - 94% of which is behind Trump already - will be faced with an even larger pushback.

May she rest in peace after a long storied life

And by the way, this thread is disgusting