By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Michel Ancel leaves the gaming industry, Wild and BGE&2 still in development without him

Oh man :(

If there was a video game Mount Rushmore, I'd include him. He's made so many brilliant, memorable games.

Around the Network

Ah yes, WiLD, the game that was announced 6 years ago and has nothing to show for it is going super well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I will believe these games exist, only when they are sitting on store shelves.

TBF when was the last time he finished a project? These 2 games have been in development hell for years and for BG&E2 at least 12 years. Kinda feels like he left 10 years ago.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Well shit, there go my hopes for another Rayman game to be released soon.

Around the Network

I'm behind the curve here: what were the last games he's released?

7 years later and still no sequel to Rayman Legends. One of the best platformers of all time. Bye Michel. We need more Rayman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

The bright side of this is that I don't have to give myself hopes of a new Rayman game anymore.

Well that sucks. A true legend in the industry. Wish him well though.

Well, BG&E2 looked like an unfocused mess already the last times they showed it, getting more and more stuff not relevant to the core game. But I had some trust, that Ancel would secure a quality game. Now that is gone...

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]