By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 vs Xbox Series X ...one advantage

Ps5 has some great exculsives but xbox is great in its own right as well just sharing my thoughts on why i like one over the other... any agree?   https://youtu.be/6131ySweF_4

Nintendo Freind Code: SW-4075-9631-2912

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJXcqI8b10pET5-IuPz5cfw

Around the Network

Yup. Exclusives matter, and I happen to like Sony's exclusives so there's no question for me. If power mattered, I'd play on a PC.

Gamepass for series x as third party will perform better on stronger hardware, so having that plus ea games plus ms first party is a steal. I am in nz and all that lus xbox live gold cost 20 bucks which is cheap as one brand new game cost 100 bucks on my end. For Sony I guess its ssd which will good for no pop ups

It's hard sell as so far 3 games that was initially ps 5 is now on ps4. I guess for most people it just means they don't have to rush to get a ps5 unless they want better graphics. Only game that exclusive to ps5 that showcase the power is demons souls which I heard its time exclusive

strider9981 said:

Ps5 has some great exculsives but xbox is great in its own right as well just sharing my thoughts on why i like one over the other... any agree?   https://youtu.be/6131ySweF_4

strider9981 said:

Microsoft seems to be much better equipped this gen.
-They have the power advantage that everyone made such a big deal about last gen.
-They have a price advantage with the Series S
-Game Pass with EA is a hell of a value
-They've pretty much made Xbox portable with the streaming service
-The studios they've purchased should start paying off any day now...🙄
-They have the payment plan option so existing subscribers can get an S or even an X pretty painlessly--and the streaming app should create a wealth of new subscribers.

On paper, they're in a good place and poised to do but business.

Sony has the brand power, loyalty, and consumer trust. It's going to be an interesting battle, this time opposed to the 8th gen where PS4 held every advantage before the consoles even launched.

*Haven't watched the video yet. I'm in bed and my wife is still asleep

Around the Network

The cheap PS5 digital renders Xbox pointless in my opinion, regardless of exclusives. But I guess if Game pass is for you, then Xbox is probably a good choice.

(My god the PS5 is ugly, would be pretty good if was a lot smaller)

If this was about making lists, its easy to see why XSX/S should do a lot better. Its easy to ven assume they have sony beat.

Butat the end of the day, no amount of lists makeup from the games and brand loyalty. Lists would be great if at least 80% of all potential buyers sit and weigh the pros and cons to each console before they buy. But that's not the nature of gaming, and it has never been.

Even when looking at these lists/pros of any platform, you will find that people would just list out the things that their "already" chosen platform has and make them out to be what matters most (and it does, to them at least). But none of that is reflective of the fact that there are gamers or parts of the world where certain platforms are not even considered. They aren't even in the conversation.

Its ll about the games. Thats what gaming consoles are always about. It doesn't matter how cheap or say it is to get games on your platform if the games you have on offer isn't what people want. If MS wants to compete on even footing with Sony they need a two-generation plan to get it right. First-gen, build and introduce stellar GOTY level IPs. Slowly but surely build your userbase on the singular premise of wanting to play your games. In the second-gen, build on that momentum, capitalize on the best IPs from your previous gen, add in new ones.

Its really that simple. MS seems to be focusing on everything else except what they really should be focusing on. Everything MS is doing or has done, is can be highlighted (their power advantage), made better (their services like gamepass)..etc, if only they had the games to back them up. Just look at the Switch/PS2 and even arguably the PS3, all platforms that have shown that power is not what drives sales. ook at the current next-gen climate. For all the power the XSX has, all anyone is talking abt are the games coming to the PS5.

MS needs to start churning out the games. Its that simple. I mean just imagine if sony were the sons doing what MS is doing right now with gamepass with the kinda games and partnerships they have jut for the first year? The XSX/S would be DOA.

Random_Matt said:

The cheap PS5 digital renders Xbox pointless in my opinion, regardless of exclusives. But I guess if Game pass is for you, then Xbox is probably a good choice.

(My god the PS5 is ugly, would be pretty good if was a lot smaller)

TOWER OF POWAHHH!

Seriously though, I think its actually beautiful especially the digital sku (which is what I am getting).

Well, maybe not beautiful, it sure is different though.

I think it's all a matter of games, not technical power or services.
If you already have a PS4 then there is no reason to switch to an Xbox Series, because you will keep playing your PS4 games (and their next iterations) on PS5.

Having saying that, if you like games like Final Fantasy, Rachet & Clank, Demon's Souls, the next Persona, next Street Fighter, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, God of War or Horizon you should go with PlayStation. Otherwise, if you like more games like Halo, Forza, Fable, Hellblade, Killer Instinct you should get an XBox.

Keep in mind that there will be no visible graphics/performance difference between PS5 and XBox X games, multiplatforms games will run almost the same.

I'm not considering Xbox series S at all, since it's not a full power next gen machine, it's aimed to the casual gamers low on budget.

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 18 September 2020

JimmyFantasy said:

I think it's all a matter of games, not technical power or services.
If you already have a PS4 then there is no reason to switch to an Xbox Series, because you will keep playing your PS4 games (and their next iterations) on PS5.

Having saying that, if you like games like Final Fantasy 16, Rachet & Clank, Demon's Souls, the next Persona, next Street Fighter, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, God of War or Horizon you should go with PlayStation. Otherwise, if you like more games like Halo, Forza, Fable, Hellblade, Killer Instinct you should get an XBox.

Keep in mind that there will be no visible graphics/performance difference between PS5 and XBox X games, multiplatforms games will run almost the same.

I'm not considering Xbox series S at all, since it's not a full power next gen machine, it's aimed to the casual gamers low on budget.

True... but its not that there will be ndiferene between them though. its just that as you said those differences will not be noticeable/visible. And the XSS should be considered.

To elaborate. 

On the differences, people look at the 12TF vs 10TF thing and seem to think that it means that the PS5 ould be running at around a 15-20% lower resolution than the XSX. But the world of dynamic resolutions we are in today, that couldn't be further from the truth. Its more like both consoles would run at Native 4K (2160p), but the PS5 will drop to like 1900p/2052p around 10 - 15% of the time. If at all, and assuming we are looking at a game that is truly stressing both machines. This is likely to happen in scenes that are very busy, and here even harder to spot (not like it would even be easy to spot rez differences that minor when already dealing with resolutions that high).

The other difference is the SSD, not gonna go too much into this, but a simple way to put it. Anything at all SSD related that the XSX can do? The PS5 can do it twice as fast.  There will be times and games where this is made apparent. And the times coming where we will se texture pop-in or obvious LOD scaling on the XSX that will be non-existent on the PS5.

As for the XSS, its an entry-level digital-only console. Sony's answer to that is the PS5D. Which is their own entry-level digital-only console. A budget-minded gamer, that is neutral, will look at the $299 and $399 boxes. Its kinda easy seeing why it may just be better to spend $100moreonthe PS5D. But the important thing is, for the budget casual, that $100 difference is not going to be enough to sway them from getting a PS5D and going with an XSS. It's not like they are the same thing.