By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Vindication for Microsoft?

LudicrousSpeed said:

Anyone else catch the Sony event today? It was a solid showing, probably even a great showing if you are into Japanese stuff. I am not, so stuff liked timed exclusive Final Fantasy, a Demon's Soul remake, a DMC5 next gen port, etc, mean jack shit to me. But it's what came towards the end of the showing and afterwards that had me scratching my head...

And this is the reason why Sony has done so well with the PlayStation brand, even crawling back during the PS3 era.  So keep scratching your head.  Most of us aren't.

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 16 September 2020

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Anyone else catch the Sony event today? It was a solid showing, probably even a great showing if you are into Japanese stuff. I am not, so stuff liked timed exclusive Final Fantasy, a Demon's Soul remake, a DMC5 next gen port, etc, mean jack shit to me. But it's what came towards the end of the showing and afterwards that had me scratching my head...

And this is the reason why Sony had done so well with the PlayStation brand, even crawling back during the PS3 era.  So keep scratching your head.  Most of us aren't.

Uh, what? 

What exactly is why Sony has done whatever with whatever?

To some extent, yes. But I'll wait until every (or almost every) Sony first-party title gets released on Windows before I say they're almost the exact same thing now. Xbox One only has 11 true exclusives. And one of those is Rare Replay, and a few are digital-only. Xbox Series X looks to have no true exclusives whatsoever, which is virtually unheard of in a video game platform.
PS5 will likely have dozens of first and third party titles that never hit Windows or another platform, at least not for another 7-10 years.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Funny thing is that in the end MS crossgen AAA titles will be only Halo Infinite? So are you going to say MS didn`t really helped gamers not need to upgrade?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I take offense to OPs signature. There is only one tower of power.

Neither system has sold me atm but likely still going PS5 down the road if I get either.  FFXVI but is a ways off I know that much. It will get persona and such so got me there. Atm no rush to get any console. If I am even able to still game as dealing with some other stuff but if I am able. I still see a next-gen console as a couple of years off.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
LivingMetal said:

And this is the reason why Sony had done so well with the PlayStation brand, even crawling back during the PS3 era.  So keep scratching your head.  Most of us aren't.

Uh, what? 

What exactly is why Sony has done whatever with whatever?

Sony created a product (PlayStation) that appeals to the core first and the masses second which translates to success.  But like any product, one product will not appeal to everyone such as yourself with the PlayStation.  This in itself is fine.  But, yes, Sony had a VERY solid showing of doing what they've been doing which is looking that they will provide gamers with quality, variety and quantity of choices.  You prefer Xbox.  That's fine, but there is no need to self-compartmentalize your reasoning such as the false "Japanese stuff" narrative.  PlayStation WILL do well, and it's NOT just because of the "Japanese stuff".  But if that's your justification, then keep a closed mind.  That's why you keep scratching your head otherwise known as denial.  Again, you prefer Xbox, and that's totally cool.  What's not cool is your constant loathing biased against PlayStation.  Yeah, I called it out.  But keep justifying to yourself because that's all you're gonna do.

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 16 September 2020

PS plus collection and Gamepass should not really be compared like they want to be eachother.

Well for now ratchet, gt7, god of war are still exclusive. Apparently demon souls is also confirmed to be exclusive though I do expect it to release on pc eventually. The information provided on the ad was incorrect https://kotaku.com/demons-souls-remake-also-coming-to-pc-timed-exclusive-1845082896/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Bandorr said:
Lets see.
The PS plus collection is not even 1% the same as game pass.
Game pass is a service, that cost an extra amount that gives you a lot of games. In which you have "Access" to them until they rotate out.
PS collection is free (as far as additional costs). It is few games. And they are attached to your account forever.

Kotaku is already correcting Demon souls as a PS5 exclusive. Along with most likely many other games.

"I don't think the PS Plus stuff comes remotely close to GamePass," that's because it's not. It isn't. That fact you know this makes the comparison all the more strange. As you knew how poor it is - but desperately needed something to add to this strange fairy tails as yours.

Right now I'm just hoping Sony made a mistake in their blog post regarding cross generation HFW. It has happened before with BC lol.

PS5 is launching with 2 next gen exclusives and has Ratchet, GOW and more scheduled for next year.

The primary fault of MS wasn't that they had cross gen games in the pipeline, it was their communicating that they were committed to cross gen for the next 2 years. Obviously a dumb PR move, but it would have been quickly forgotten if they actually showed next gen games that impressed. Instead we got that Halo Infinite gameplay demo and a bunch of CGI trailers.

Last edited by Otter - on 16 September 2020