By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Vindication for Microsoft?

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
Funny thing is that in the end MS crossgen AAA titles will be only Halo Infinite? So are you going to say MS didn`t really helped gamers not need to upgrade?

Uh, isn't Gears Tactics launching this year on Xbox? And there is still an Xbox version of Flight Sim planned AFAIK. They also have money hat deals with games that are coming to Xbone and Series X/S.

Leynos said:

I take offense to OPs signature. There is only one tower of power.

What an amazing picture.

RolStoppable said:
No, Microsoft still has Papa Phil and Major Nelson, so their next PR blunder is only days away at most.

I don't care for the Papa Phil slander but I gotta + any post that shits on Major Nelson.

LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Uh, what? 

What exactly is why Sony has done whatever with whatever?

Sony created a product (PlayStation) that appeals to the core first and the masses second which translates to success.  But like any product, one product will not appeal to everyone such as yourself with the PlayStation.  This in itself is fine.  But, yes, Sony had a VERY solid showing of doing what they've been doing which is looking that they will provide gamers with quality, variety and quantity of choices.  You prefer Xbox.  That's fine, but there is no need to self-compartmentalize your reasoning such as the false "Japanese stuff" narrative.  PlayStation WILL do well, and it's NOT just because of the "Japanese stuff".  But if that's your justification, then keep a closed mind.  That's why you keep scratching your head otherwise known as denial.  Again, you prefer Xbox, and that's totally cool.  What's not cool is your constant loathing biased against PlayStation.  Yeah, I called it out.  But keep justifying to yourself because that's all you're gonna do.

Wow, cool story bro. This is the problem when you cut off 2/3 of a post and make silly remarks out of context.......

No, I didn't.  Denial is denial.  In fact, there's content in both of your posts that I had cut off that's rather contradictory.  So I did you a favor by not exposing that contradiction while doing everyone else a favor by minimizing your self-justification you'd normally spew.  But then again, you'd spew that self-justification anyway, glossing over your denial. 

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 16 September 2020

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Not really, any post from Sony leadership playing good guy "don`t want to leave anyone behind" or they just announced games and that some are crossgen?

You got to remember that a good portion of criticism was that all their exclusives were going to be crossgen because they didn`t want to force people to migrate and that X1 wouldn`t hold down those games... then on their reveal their main title was hold down by X1 and even there were exclusive releasing before end of 2021 that didn`t got a crossgen... also that very bizarre exclusivity that justified not releasing on PS5 because it wasn`t strong enough (but will get a X1 version). That kind of shenanigan is what get mocked not that one title or another got a crossgen release (and yes I will be very observing of Horizon 2 and how much the crossgen may have impacted it).

You got a point, but all mocking of Xbox’s cross gen initiative also banked on Sony not doing the same thing to solidify their high ground. 

Very true. We will see on the next couple days who keep complaining about crossgen, who will start defending and who start criticizing. Because yep in VGC it is quite common to defend or attack a policy or decision depending on the allegiance.

I`ll say whoever that I was a little disappointed with MS direction on Series S BC not using the improvements of at least Series X and some other decisions that only seem to devalue the console even though it technically could do better.

A couple of good months for console war is coming.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
Funny thing is that in the end MS crossgen AAA titles will be only Halo Infinite? So are you going to say MS didn`t really helped gamers not need to upgrade?

Uh, isn't Gears Tactics launching this year on Xbox? And there is still an Xbox version of Flight Sim planned AFAIK. They also have money hat deals with games that are coming to Xbone and Series X/S.

DonFerrari said:

Flight Simulator released before Series X so unless you want to count several PS4 titles that will get improved version on PS5 as crossgen titles (special edition of Miles Morales will have the original remastered for PS5 for example), and Gear Tactics wasn`t on their show so I missed it, will it release after Series X? Doesn`t change the fact that currently there is more confirmed crossgen AAA exclusives from Sony than MS which was what I mentioned was funny.

Why do I "want to count" anything? I don't want to get into this console warrior nonsense with you. Just correcting you that no, Halo isn't the only cross gen game they have. I listed two others, there's also Grounded, and others.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Why do I "want to count" anything? I don't want to get into this console warrior nonsense with you. Just correcting you that no, Halo isn't the only cross gen game they have. I listed two others, there's also Grounded, and others.

Your whole thread is exactly console warmongering and you still try to hold the pretense that you aren`t doing console warrior nonsense? You are priceless.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Your whole thread is exactly console warmongering and you still try to hold the pretense that you aren`t doing console warrior nonsense? You are priceless.

That's his self-justification I mentioned earlier.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
DonFerrari said:

That's his self-justification I mentioned earlier.

That is why I really like sales and accept his defense of Xbox, he is very front with it and also admit to partake on console war (even saying he knew it was hard to defend X1 so he was away from the site for a good time) and have his fun with it. Also don`t see him doing personal attacks and the like. Ludicrous on the other hand is all about name calling, personal attacks, and pretending to be neutral.

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Not at all, but not surprised in the slightest that you feel that way. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes I guess we should trust your true feelings that this wasn`t a console war thread. Then I have to ask, what is it them?

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Yes I guess we should trust your true feelings that this wasn`t a console war thread. Then I have to ask, what is it them?

I’m gonna regret asking, because the answer will be stupid, but how is it a console war thread? 

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

I’m gonna regret asking, because the answer will be stupid, but how is it a console war thread? 

You are the one that loves to throw "console war" left and right, so I guess you are the most qualified of us all to explain it. And also instead of replying with another question why don`t you simply answer what is your thread about them. Because from what it looks like it is you bathing in console war mongering and being very happy with it.

Guess you won`t wear your cape to defend Sony from the attacks since you are the one doing it right? But I bet if it was a similar thread and someone was attacking MS you would be flying very fast in defense saying you just want to correct misinformation right again?

Like if it wasn`t for the purpose of console war you wouldn`t really be talking about vindication. Or would be complying of something you were upholding for MS. I guess you think to yourself you aren`t as transparent as you are.