By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Vindication for Microsoft?

DonFerrari said:
Funny thing is that in the end MS crossgen AAA titles will be only Halo Infinite? So are you going to say MS didn`t really helped gamers not need to upgrade?

Uh, isn't Gears Tactics launching this year on Xbox? And there is still an Xbox version of Flight Sim planned AFAIK. They also have money hat deals with games that are coming to Xbone and Series X/S.

Leynos said:

I take offense to OPs signature. There is only one tower of power.

What an amazing picture.

RolStoppable said:
No, Microsoft still has Papa Phil and Major Nelson, so their next PR blunder is only days away at most.

I don't care for the Papa Phil slander but I gotta + any post that shits on Major Nelson.

LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Uh, what? 

What exactly is why Sony has done whatever with whatever?

Sony created a product (PlayStation) that appeals to the core first and the masses second which translates to success.  But like any product, one product will not appeal to everyone such as yourself with the PlayStation.  This in itself is fine.  But, yes, Sony had a VERY solid showing of doing what they've been doing which is looking that they will provide gamers with quality, variety and quantity of choices.  You prefer Xbox.  That's fine, but there is no need to self-compartmentalize your reasoning such as the false "Japanese stuff" narrative.  PlayStation WILL do well, and it's NOT just because of the "Japanese stuff".  But if that's your justification, then keep a closed mind.  That's why you keep scratching your head otherwise known as denial.  Again, you prefer Xbox, and that's totally cool.  What's not cool is your constant loathing biased against PlayStation.  Yeah, I called it out.  But keep justifying to yourself because that's all you're gonna do.

Wow, cool story bro. This is the problem when you cut off 2/3 of a post and make silly remarks out of context. I understand Sony appeals to many people and will do well. My post even says if you're a fan of the stuff I am not, it could have been a great show for you. The head scratching stuff was about what followed, the stuff from my post that you cut out for whatever reason. Also gotta say it's kind of weird that you on one hand say it's "fine" and "totally cool" to prefer something else but on the other it's "self-compartmentalizing" to point out something that doesn't appeal to me. Maybe you're using a term you don't understand? Not going to bother with the console warrior stuff towards the end, in the future try to reply to a whole post and not cut stuff out to go on some silly tangent. Hope that helps.

Around the Network
Otter said:
PS5 is launching with 2 next gen exclusives and has Ratchet, GOW and more scheduled for next year.

The primary fault of MS wasn't that they had cross gen games in the pipeline, it was their communicating that they were committed to cross gen for the next 2 years. Obviously a dumb PR move, but it would have been quickly forgotten if they actually showed next gen games that impressed. Instead we got that Halo 5 gameplay demo and a bunch of CGI trailers.

They certainly haven't done themselves any favors with some of the stuff they've shown. Also Halo 5 already came out, but I forgive that mistake as it was a very forgettable game.

PotentHerbs said:
Bandorr said:
Lets see.
The PS plus collection is not even 1% the same as game pass.
Game pass is a service, that cost an extra amount that gives you a lot of games. In which you have "Access" to them until they rotate out.
PS collection is free (as far as additional costs). It is few games. And they are attached to your account forever.

Kotaku is already correcting Demon souls as a PS5 exclusive. Along with most likely many other games.

"I don't think the PS Plus stuff comes remotely close to GamePass," that's because it's not. It isn't. That fact you know this makes the comparison all the more strange. As you knew how poor it is - but desperately needed something to add to this strange fairy tails as yours.

Right now I'm just hoping Sony made a mistake in their blog post regarding cross generation HFW. It has happened before with BC lol.

Yeah I agree and said as such in the OP, surely it's a marketing/PR mistake.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
Funny thing is that in the end MS crossgen AAA titles will be only Halo Infinite? So are you going to say MS didn`t really helped gamers not need to upgrade?

Uh, isn't Gears Tactics launching this year on Xbox? And there is still an Xbox version of Flight Sim planned AFAIK. They also have money hat deals with games that are coming to Xbone and Series X/S.

Leynos said:

What an amazing picture.

RolStoppable said:
No, Microsoft still has Papa Phil and Major Nelson, so their next PR blunder is only days away at most.

I don't care for the Papa Phil slander but I gotta + any post that shits on Major Nelson.

LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Uh, what? 

Sony created a product (PlayStation) that appeals to the core first and the masses second which translates to success.  But like any product, one product will not appeal to everyone such as yourself with the PlayStation.  This in itself is fine.  But, yes, Sony had a VERY solid showing of doing what they've been doing which is looking that they will provide gamers with quality, variety and quantity of choices.  You prefer Xbox.  That's fine, but there is no need to self-compartmentalize your reasoning such as the false "Japanese stuff" narrative.  PlayStation WILL do well, and it's NOT just because of the "Japanese stuff".  But if that's your justification, then keep a closed mind.  That's why you keep scratching your head otherwise known as denial.  Again, you prefer Xbox, and that's totally cool.  What's not cool is your constant loathing biased against PlayStation.  Yeah, I called it out.  But keep justifying to yourself because that's all you're gonna do.

Wow, cool story bro. This is the problem when you cut off 2/3 of a post and make silly remarks out of context. I understand Sony appeals to many people and will do well. My post even says if you're a fan of the stuff I am not, it could have been a great show for you. The head scratching stuff was about what followed, the stuff from my post that you cut out for whatever reason. Also gotta say it's kind of weird that you on one hand say it's "fine" and "totally cool" to prefer something else but on the other it's "self-compartmentalizing" to point out something that doesn't appeal to me. Maybe you're using a term you don't understand? Not going to bother with the console warrior stuff towards the end, in the future try to reply to a whole post and not cut stuff out to go on some silly tangent. Hope that helps.

Flight Simulator released before Series X so unless you want to count several PS4 titles that will get improved version on PS5 as crossgen titles (special edition of Miles Morales will have the original remastered for PS5 for example), and Gear Tactics wasn`t on their show so I missed it, will it release after Series X? Doesn`t change the fact that currently there is more confirmed crossgen AAA exclusives from Sony than MS which was what I mentioned was funny.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I think so. Their main flaw until now is no more...unless PS fans want to look like hypocrites. They had the no cross gen narrative on their side, and now they are literally playing me-too to Xbox’s philosophy. That’s poetic justice in itself.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
I think so. Their main flaw until now is no more...unless PS fans want to look like hypocrites. They had the no cross gen narrative on their side, and now they are literally playing me-too to Xbox’s philosophy. That’s poetic justice in itself.

Not really, any post from Sony leadership playing good guy "don`t want to leave anyone behind" or they just announced games and that some are crossgen?

You got to remember that a good portion of criticism was that all their exclusives were going to be crossgen because they didn`t want to force people to migrate and that X1 wouldn`t hold down those games... then on their reveal their main title was hold down by X1 and even there were exclusive releasing before end of 2021 that didn`t got a crossgen... also that very bizarre exclusivity that justified not releasing on PS5 because it wasn`t strong enough (but will get a X1 version). That kind of shenanigan is what get mocked not that one title or another got a crossgen release (and yes I will be very observing of Horizon 2 and how much the crossgen may have impacted it).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Not really, any post from Sony leadership playing good guy "don`t want to leave anyone behind" or they just announced games and that some are crossgen?

You got to remember that a good portion of criticism was that all their exclusives were going to be crossgen because they didn`t want to force people to migrate and that X1 wouldn`t hold down those games... then on their reveal their main title was hold down by X1 and even there were exclusive releasing before end of 2021 that didn`t got a crossgen... also that very bizarre exclusivity that justified not releasing on PS5 because it wasn`t strong enough (but will get a X1 version). That kind of shenanigan is what get mocked not that one title or another got a crossgen release (and yes I will be very observing of Horizon 2 and how much the crossgen may have impacted it).

You got a point, but all mocking of Xbox’s cross gen initiative also banked on Sony not doing the same thing to solidify their high ground. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Leynos said:

What an amazing picture.

RolStoppable said:

LivingMetal said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Uh, what? 

Wow, cool story bro. This is the problem when you cut off 2/3 of a post and make silly remarks out of context.......

No, I didn't.  Denial is denial.  In fact, there's content in both of your posts that I had cut off that's rather contradictory.  So I did you a favor by not exposing that contradiction while doing everyone else a favor by minimizing your self-justification you'd normally spew.  But then again, you'd spew that self-justification anyway, glossing over your denial. 

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 16 September 2020

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

You got a point, but all mocking of Xbox’s cross gen initiative also banked on Sony not doing the same thing to solidify their high ground. 

Very true. We will see on the next couple days who keep complaining about crossgen, who will start defending and who start criticizing. Because yep in VGC it is quite common to defend or attack a policy or decision depending on the allegiance.

I`ll say whoever that I was a little disappointed with MS direction on Series S BC not using the improvements of at least Series X and some other decisions that only seem to devalue the console even though it technically could do better.

A couple of good months for console war is coming.

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

DonFerrari said:

Flight Simulator released before Series X so unless you want to count several PS4 titles that will get improved version on PS5 as crossgen titles (special edition of Miles Morales will have the original remastered for PS5 for example), and Gear Tactics wasn`t on their show so I missed it, will it release after Series X? Doesn`t change the fact that currently there is more confirmed crossgen AAA exclusives from Sony than MS which was what I mentioned was funny.

Why do I "want to count" anything? I don't want to get into this console warrior nonsense with you. Just correcting you that no, Halo isn't the only cross gen game they have. I listed two others, there's also Grounded, and others.